Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
With what you were able to garner from them what was their rationale for this and what is the connection with APOS, because honestly I have a feeling their fingers are in on this as well. What connections and how close are the two. I think this is important for Alberta hunters to consider next time they want to help out with the Federation cause.
The one fellow who I believe was BSing through his teeth would keep coming around to hunters that kill just legal sheep. In between denying having anything to do with this. He said he had a buddy who killed a sheep every two years, the first legal sheep he saw. Some times a good sheep sometimes too small/young in this fellows eyes. It didn't matter to him. In his off years he helped others get sheep, the guy is a sheep machine and lives for those high up vistas. We went round and round on what he felt was wrong with this but if I was a betting man I'd say I was talking with the fellow who wrote the AFGA resolution. I could be wrong but that is what my gut said. Ive had a very strong feeling right from the start that this resolution was personal between a couple of guys and I believe that more than ever.
Wild Sheep has done much good and the fellows I talked with were looking pretty tired from all the work in the up coming dinner. I just hate when a few people can decide that they have the right rewrite the rules for everyone without consulting their members. When it comes to the decisions that Wild Sheep Alberta makes in regards to Alberta sheep the ONLY voices that should count are Alberta voices. I don't care what their head office thinks and not paying attention to the Alberta voice can see them head down the same trail RMEF took.