Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2023, 02:42 PM

Default Beautiful afternoon home home on the range!

Have to admit was in Mexico for Most of October and the weather reports i was getting from my son did noothing to encourage me to come back to face winter but man what a surprize to have this mild November.
Procrastinated on sighting in a Brno ZKK 600 in .223 for over a year from purchase as I wanted a great not just OK scope on it. About 6 months ago i found a 4.5-14 VX-L and put the 2 together for a future sighting in. I was in no real hurry as I already had a similar scope on the exact rifle but those Brnos are getting hard to find and this one had exceptional wood so the "beaver" in me made me put it away for future consideration or that is at least the excuse I used to buy them.

Fast forward to September 2023 and although I need another gopher rifle like another hole in my head I have been curious about the 17 HMR for years and since my T1X .22 is so accurate I decided the Northpro sale was reason enough to buy this calibre. Low and behold a VX1 comes up for sale a week later at Extreme Range and my buddy from Saskatoon is coming through Calgary this week. In a perfect storm Cabelas black Friday sale has T1X integrated Talley rings as well as 17 HMR ammo which has doubled in price since I sold it at wholesale for 12 -$15. for 50 rounds in 2012. Got the T1X 17 together with scope yesterday and with 10 degrees really couldnt think of another reason not to sight both in. After about 10 rounds in the field both llamas came in to see what all the noise was about. I hadnt noticed as Cabelas also had Walker Razor electronic muffs for sale with free shipping.

Both rifles are shooting well and the scopes tracking perfectly at 50 yards and we will move to the 100 yard bench rest for fine tuning the next time we have some great weather.