Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post
My point is you can't cry about equal rights when the govt purposely made it as difficult as possible for aboriginals to apply.

If that's what has to happen perhaps we should all be forced to apply for our draws in person.

That would only be fair. Right?

As I posted FN should have had the ability to apply online no argument there

But really it’s not an argument against equal rights. Reality is if FN wish to apply for the same draw as everyone as they could do so using the same tools as everyone else’s

It doesn’t make sense that FN had to apply for the FN only draw in person but really think about the fact there even is a FN draw that no other race can apply for. Pretty clear there is still a race based favoritism to FN

Personally I respect that there is treaty rights that allow this and don’t hold that against FN hunters. But not for one second do I agree that it is right that one group has race based hunting rights. I am in full support of all hunters being equal and wildlife be managed for healthy populations we can all benefit from

Sure I can agree the FN draw application doesn’t make sense and can except there is treaties that give FN different hunting rights. I would even understand if FN pushed for the ability to apply online

But really it’s hard to have pity about the application process of a draw that only FN can apply for. It’s not like you are excluded from applying with everyone else if the FN draw is unfair