Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Hopefully they stick around come go time and ya get a poke at one.
Some I have enough history with I know they stick around or where they shift to. New bucks it’s more of a gamble and trying to read them which I can make a reasonable guess on from observation/sign/habitat.

A portion of theses bucks will shift to different areas and some areas will be visited by new bucks come November. Part of our locations we know only hold does and small bucks till November too. There is a lot going on that is not posted and plans/keying in on location is not just about the present season

Often they don’t go that far and over time I can usually key in on them if the bush allows it.

Out of the locations I have set so far I have confidence the real issue is being in the right stand at the right time. But that big tall buck I am thinking might shift on me especially if we get a good snow fall. I have a good guess where he might go though. Really considering leaving this area as a ground hunt this year so I can adjust as needed and use the stand in a different location

I will say with confidence every stand I set will have a worthwhile buck to target but if they are going to show up well I am on stand is another story