Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2023, 09:43 AM

Default Bow Shop Dry Fired and Dropped my bow.

Good morning All!

So, to try and make a long story short I took my bow (just a diamond fugitive) into the bow shop for a tune. The guy went to test the draw weight and once at full draw the scale slipped from his hand and the bow dry fired. Unfortunately, the scale hit him in the hand as well which caused him to basically toss the bow to the ground. He seemed to be okay which is good. Another worker put my bow back together and checked it all out and proceeded to shoot the tiniest group it ever has ha. So its got some dings and marks and one cable has a fray, but they said they weren't worried.

That all seems great, but I just feel like I have been screwed my bow that is basically brand new has been defiled and it wasn't even by me. I haven't gone to pick it up from the tune yet so I'm not sure if there will be a discount or anything, but I don't know if I should be asking for something. Maybe something in writing so if a limb snaps off in the next month it's on them?

Super bummed is my first year really trying to get into archery and now I just have zero confidence in my bow.