Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Nahhhhhh, it doesn't really matter who wins. If it doesn't work out, in a few years vote them out. People get so worked up over this stuff. The running of the Province is behind the throne and they will make sure stuff runs ok. In the morning, you wake up and have your coffee. The garbage still gets picked up, kids still go to school, etc., etc.

It is not life and death. I remember speaking to an immigrant who LOVES Canada compared to where he came from. He says the rest of us, who have never lived elsewhere, are bored and just make up stuff to complain about. People die in his country and they have nothing. He is right. This is a damned good place to live when you simply take a 360 view of the World. We are going to be ok.

And this is the problem. Most people don’t understand that freedom can be lost very easily to those who want to control us.

Ronald Reagan said it best “Freedom is never more then one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it, and then hand it to them with the well fought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don’t do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free.”

Indifference to politics will lead to the death of freedom and becoming a slave to the state.

Edit: One more quote because I love Reagan. God knows we need a leader like this now more than ever.

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. From time to time we’ve been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. Well, if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?“
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill

Last edited by raab; 05-06-2023 at 01:43 PM.