Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2021, 09:48 AM

Default Trailer title

A family friend passed away a little over a year ago and didn't have a will, the kids started getting things sorted out and started giving things away/ selling things that didn't have titles to transfer quite soon after

They knew I was looking for a 5th wheel and the one he had needed a bit of work so they gave it to me, I got it road worthy and whatnot and did a little bit of upgrading to a few little things.

Fast forward to now and I've been paying to store/ using it for about 14 months, still waiting to receive a title for it. If for any reason something doesn't work out with the whole situation is there anything that anyone can recommend I do?

This was a very spur of the moment decision and they made it seem like it was going to be a seamless "transaction" but now its got me wondering if it was worth it for the potential loss of my time / parts to get it going

I've been trying to research this but it seems like this doesn't happen all that often (just my luck the way things have been going lately) and I was hoping that someone here might have a little bit of insight/ know someone who went through a similar situation so I can sort of prepare to cover my behind if you-know-what hits the fan

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk