Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2021, 12:01 AM

^ Lol.

The heat is brutal. Especially when working on the roof, lol. Have been at it since Saturday (maybe Sunday?) and the more you work, the more work there is. The guy who lived in the house before was either a “I know how to do it” type (when he really didn’t) or a “I know I am doing it wrong and it will make things worse in the long run, but I am going to save a few bucks and pass it on to the next guy to do it properly”. I am leaning towards the latter (lots of things I saw and fixed over the years we have lived here point to that) and I f****** hate people like that. Well, “hate” is a pretty strong word, I will say I really don’t like that type. His “knowhows” caused a lot of problems and quite a bit of rot. Being the “I have to properly fix this” type of a guy, even though I don’t think we will live in this house for more than a couple of years, adds a lot of extra work and dollars.

Slow as a turtle given the weather, but getting there and, thankfully, the heat is calming down. Rain in the forecast tomorrow though, so need wrap things up and put the underlayment and all the good stuff before then.

Nailing those 2x6x16 at the edge is definitely not fun when working with no help.

Stay cool, guys and gals.

Last edited by fishnguy; 07-01-2021 at 12:12 AM.