Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2019, 06:25 PM

Default Aggressive Dog

I've been a dog owner for over 25 years. I dont understand how people can tolerate aggressive dogs.I was out with my spaniel on a secluded park and out of nowhere a Shepard cross came out of the corner and hot and hit her hard. Thankfully I had my walking stick so I sent a few snaps across the dogs back, it let go for a few seconds and charged again. I was able to pick my Brittany up and shield her, the owner came out yelling the dogs name but it would not listen. I was close to my truck so I was able to lift her on the hood while the dog kept keeping to get at her. I don't like injuring animals but I had to deliver a few kicks to the dog to slow it down. The owner was finally able to get a leash on it. We were both pretty heated. No injuries to my dog just scared and confused. I told the owner his dog should not be off leash as it was obviously aggressive. My Brittany is a female so there was no way she was competing with the dog. I was not injured nor was the Shepard He apologized over and over, I just told him he needed to control his animal. I wish people were more informed on their pets. If my pet was harmed I told him he would have to pay for vet Bill's. He was very sorry, but I just told him he needed to put a muzzle on it or not take it off leash. It was an older dog with a harness which by the way the owner had no control of, I politely told him he needed a leash around his neck not a harness

Last edited by kinwahkly; 09-18-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling