Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
It's comments like this that make it easy for the government to close areas down. I don't quad so I'm ok with the closures, but by God if they close the hunting and fishing down I will scream and holler bloody murder. There are many user groups that use the outdoors and all of us should be banding together to fight the lose of areas that users like to use. Don't kid yourself there are a lot in individuals right here on the forum that quad, camp and hunt and fish that cause a lot of the problems with destroying areas, nobody is perfect. I spent a considerable amount of time in the castle area this past fall and hardly seen a sole in the area. Where did all these hardcore backpack hunters go. You see the government is getting exactly what they want, less users and that includes hunters and fishermen.
Don’t get carried away I was arguing for continuing atv usage albeit I think it should have more enforcement and fixed trails. There’s a happy medium on usage, the park is way too far but overusing our western lands to death without enforcement shouldn’t continue.