Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Default Greenpeace Bridge protesters: Update, Two are from Edmonton

The gas price thread got me to thinking about the possibility that the Greenpeace protesters actions might have had an effect on the commodity markets. I think the government should come down on them like a pile of bricks with every and any charges possible, including the costs related to their apprehension. The thing is if it’s the BC gov’t rather than the feds the police might get directions from Horgan & his minions to minimize charges. I’m hoping that prosecutors and police find all manner of things to charge them with and that they’re kept in pre-trial custody for as long as possible. The foreigners should never be allowed back in Canada and in my opinion should be jailed until trial due to being such obvious flight risks.

It was noted in the Globe & Mail that the protesters were from across Canada but also Washington State, Mexico and the United Kingdom. I believe that the law should come down especially hard on foreign protesters, being they are not Canadian at all it should garner some additional charges. Acts such as this affect us all directly by affecting our international trade and transport, if these saboteurs are not dealt with harshly then not only will it affect market prices, but it will only encourage similar behaviour from the brainwashed enviro fundamentalists.

I realize this subject will draw up a lot of ire, but please keep commentary to what can be accomplished legally; I noticed a lot of comments sections in news articles noting violent ways to get the idiots down, it might just be venting but it’s not productive. And besides, someone already said it anyways!