Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2018, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7shooter View Post
I also agree 100%! But if I had it my way, I would have more archery only zones in Alberta. THEN include crossbows.

Im not against rifle hunters or rifle hunting but they do get their advantages too. Like being able to shoot an animal at 200+ yards. They get early seasons in certain WMU's... Im not saying that we coulnt adjust the rules for rifles as well, for some early season hunting in different or whatever they would like.

At the end of the day its about numbers and harvest rates/percentages.

My MO isnt to EXCLUDE, but is to INCLUDE.
We are so close Z7, also Lefty, you seem to be talking out both sides of your mouths and maybe not realizing yet that you too want what i'm talking about.

Politics and selfish agendas are getting in the way of what should be done here for the entire hunting community/tradition. Rectify the big picture first.

I would always vote for more bow zones where they make sense, high population densities, sensitive areas etc. Totally agree with you there. Some tools just better suited and make more sense for these things. I think about land owners and the general public also when talking about this, not just the hunters. I'm friends with land owners and quite frankly feel sorry for them near big centers come oct 25th and nov 1st...the shizzo they deal with every year makes me stay well clear but they let me play in the bow seasons. No safety concerns, no noise, no zillion road hunters etc. So yes there is a time and place for bows...but to exclude an excellent versatile bow option from this makes zero sense.

The rifle stuff is well sorted out and has been for a long time, no need to mess with that. The bow hunting thing isn't and really the only thing missing is a great tool has been ignored and thrown in the wrong seasons where it's massively under utilized. If you can let this tool into bow zones on a dr's note why not a centerfire rifle? Why? Because it's a bow...that's why. Can you imagine if you could get rifles into bow zones on a dr's note how many people would be getting dr's notes???? Keep trying to call it a gun.

You'll come around.