Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2018, 02:59 PM

Default Parking ticket

So...I got at parking ticket today.... $150.... for parking in front of the grocery store ( with two other cars ) My wife was still in the car while I quickly ran in ( 5-7 mins max) when I came out ... there was a police car behind the car behind me ( a older gentleman in the drivers seat ) The car in front of me had left....the car behind me leaves and I buckle up and my wife says she came to see if anyone was in our car but didn't actually talk to her....the police car pulls up and lights on and comes to the window and ask for DL / Reg / and Ins. and informs me that I'm in a fire lane. She writes me a ticket and I ask why she didn't give the guy behind me a ticket and she stated that "he was in the drivers seat so I asked him to move I have you on video getting in to the car so you were parked and unable to move"....
I know I'm in the wrong.... for parking in a fire lane....but the letter of the law states that;
“Park”, when prohibited, means allow a vehicle (whether occupied or not) to remain standing in one place, except:
(i) when standing temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading passengers; or
(ii) when standing in obedience to a Peace Officer or a Traffic Control device;
And to pick and choose who she gives a ticket to when its pretty clear that she new my wife was in the vehicle and could have asked her to move just as she did the other guy with out giving a ticket.... really really frosts my backside....
Anyone else have this happen???
Any one ever go to the JOP and get it reduced? or thrown out?

Maybe I'm just jealous that she didn't even give the old guy a ticket for having his dog on his lap!