Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
What is the purpose of those stands?

LOL, Sorry, I'm old school. I learned to trap before there were conibear traps and had to move on to another career before high tech took over.

When conibears first appeared on the market, no one knew how to use them. We tried one thing, then another till we found a way that worked.
Toward the end of my trapping career there were a few accessories available. Trap setting tools, pans, even a few trap boxes, but nothing like that rig you have.

I can't for the life of me figure out where something like that would help, or what purpose it would serve. I guess my imagination is getting old too. LOL
It's just an easy way of setting conibears in runs Keg. It saves me hunting around for sticks to support traps. I'll be able to reuse them year after year. The plan is to gang set the entrance of houses I want to clean out. I can cut a hole in the run in front of the house and set multiple traps quickly and be on my way. I haven't tried them yet but they come recommended by a few different guys. I'll hunt down a pic and post it for you.

Hunterdave- Your stands work also by the looks of it cheaper as well. Looks like you got a good catch on that one! Have a good time on your vacation!

Last edited by Tfng; 03-03-2016 at 06:24 PM.