Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2016, 05:58 PM

Default Peep or No peep?

Hey I'm new to archery and need some advise. I picked up a PSE prophecy last year used and started shooting on my own with no direction. I was relatively impressed on how I could shoot, some might not be as impressed lol. The peep on the PSE was a cheap one with a rubber tube. The site fell out after about a month. I then met a guy at work who I would consider the best archer I know or have ever come across. He has helped me out immensely. The issue is he convinced me not to put a peep back in but use a kisser button alone. Him and his buddies do this and can shoot unbelievably well and consistent up to 80y or so. I seem to struggle with being consistent! He tells me I have to keep shooting until putting the bow up and having it in the same position becomes a natural action. He says once I accomplish this I will never want a peep again as it is so beneficial in low light. I was getting impatient with that reasoning at the end of last season. Is this common to shoot with no peep site? Should I ride it out?