Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

Default Liberal stance on gun control

Well as stated in a prior post I have emailed all the candidates on this topic this morning, it is of no surprise to me this was my first reply. I'm not going to comment on this, I'm sharing..that is all

Dear Mountain adventurer,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding gun control.

Liberals are committed to creating fewer victims of gun violence and we believe in balanced gun control that prioritizes public safety while ensuring that law-abiding firearms owners like yourself do not face undue treatment under the law. We are currently developing an evidence-based firearms policy that is based on this approach.

Liberals will not bring back a gun registry, but recognize that we do need smart and well-crafted gun control legislation. Liberals do support measures that streamline licencing paperwork, tighten safety training requirements, and make it harder for people convicted of domestic offences to obtain a gun.

Thank you again for sharing your perspective on this issue. It is through consultation with Canadians like you that the Liberal Party of Canada can continue to develop policies that reflect the priorities of Canadians. To check out the policy commitments we've made so far and to share your ideas, please visit us at RealChange.ca.

Kind regards,