Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I am not complaining. I'm offering a solution. And for the 100th time. Why does a $10 application fee and a $150 licence cost make it a rich mans sport?
Because as it is some people have to scrimp and save all year long in the hopes they can afford the tag and the gas money to go out for a few days or a couple weekends hunt in the hopes they can harvest enough meat to last most of the year. Some people work for min wage or just above and most of their money goes to rent and food. They deny themselves luxuries for most of the year so they can take a chance (and a much needed holiday) for a hunting trip. And before you say they should get a better job or an education to get a better job. Well maybe they are getting that education, hence no money for over priced tags. If your just a meat hunter I highly doubt anyone with a low income will pay $150 for a tag. Hence by charging that much for a tag you just took a portion of the hunting community out of the equation making it "a rich mans sport". I understand what you are trying to do, but your thoughts about how to do it are highly flawed in my opinion.