Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I found that when I took driver training, I had far more experience than the instructor. I already had my license, and only took the course for the insurance break. Most of the stories the instructor (21yr old) told me were about him backing into things, driving into the garage door, writing off a car in snow, hitting the ditch on an offramp, and so on.

I finally had enough of his stories and him hitting the brake because I would creep a couple inches forward to let in someone at a turning lane, because he was adamant that one must have 20ft distance between you and the vehicle infront to be a safe driver. The final straw was when he hit the brake because I had slowed down and pulled into the shoulder because a bus was passing a semi and was still in my lane only a couple hundred yards ahead. His fear was that I would drive into the ditch. He was oblivious to the danger of a headon collision. I suppose he had never driven hiway 63 before. If this is the type of training given in Canada, I would say we are better off without it.
ill suggest zie germans may just have slightly better instructors given that there roads are basically as safe as Canada's with sections of open roads. Granted trained folk understand 10000lb pick up truck is a hazard to other road users with the real hazard at the wheel when driven with out the respect 10000lb deserves.