Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2013, 04:31 PM

Default 2013 Archery Bull Moose

Went out for our Early Season camp, had a couple bulls bugling on August 31st, One of those being a big herd bull with about 8-10 cows (needless to say he wasn't very easy to get close to and never ended up getting near him), the other was a nice 5x5 with 1 cow, he came into 35 yards but the bush was way too thick to get a shot. The following day, September 1st, we heard a bugle quite a distance away during our hike, we started hiking towards where the bugle came from but the bull just wasn't fired up, couldn't get another response out of him. As we hiked through the poplars some more, a cow and bull moose showed up silently. The cow slowly walked away and the bull stood still during my bull grunt calls. This got his attention enough for my buddy to slip into 30 yards of him and took a shot. The shot was quartering away and the arrow slipped right up into the rib cage towards the vitals fletching deep. The bull ran about 200 yards and fell over. We spent the rest of the day packing him out to the trail. Lots of hard work but it was all well worth it for my buddy's first bull moose!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 Archery Moose 2.jpg (72.6 KB, 954 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 Archery Moose 1.jpg (79.6 KB, 1127 views)