Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Default My first hunt. A BBJ story.

Its official I am going hunting this year .Picked up my tags , today Got a mule deer tag and a Whitetail tag, and come October I will get my bird license. Im super excited , told redneck posse When I get home I was going to start a new Thread in the hunting section. So for all I am a newbie brand new to hunt although Ive been shooting Bow since I was 9 years old. As Redneck posse can confirm Minus the 2 busted arrows , I did pretty well at the range today.

This is a first time that Im actually getting to go out and hunt. Getting to Harvest my own animal . I get the blood a pumping just thinking about it . We are headed to just south and west of Mundare , as I was given permission to hunt on private land of my friend who has a farm out that way. I have gone on hunts with other friends in past , like a great moose hunt , that was amazing to watch . Also been on a few other deer and goose hunts .

As I will be using a bow , no rifle for me yet this year. Maybe next year If I truly want to get into hunting , Just like fishing. I still wont stop fishing to hunt just means less tackle in the truck to make room for my bow and day pack and so on. Look forward to all comments .

Once again Id like to thank Redneck posse (Kevin ) for taking me on this trip. I hope we see lots of animals and have some great success.

BBJ