Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2011, 08:44 PM

Default Beyond the registry

Glad it's going, going forward (in my little dreamland) how do you think the best way would be to allow licenced restriced PAL holders (handguns), be allowed to carry when in the bush, on your own land, the farm whatever. I'm not for everybody packing loaded pistols in their vehicle or carrying around town. But how do you think they could legalize carrying for hunting/protection from predators without having a bunch of crazies packing pistols. Just be able to carry on say your own land or crown land without being too restrictive?

I think, if you're licenced then you should be trustworthy, get rig of the ATT. So say a bowhunter hunting in grizzly country be able to have a holstered .44 And I know a pistol is not going to kill a big grizz, but better than nothing, if nothing else rattle a couple shots off and scare him off the same as bear bangers would do, and don't forget about the rising couger population, that is what makes me nervous when ont in the thick bush, a 45 would drop a couger no problem.