Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2019, 08:04 AM

Default Province’s oil curtailments means layoffs

This is terrible

https://lakelandconnect.net/2019/01/...vLwlzB2mGhLmMw
Old 01-29-2019, 08:10 AM

Did anyone not expect this? The companies are not going to pay workers that they don't need to produce the reduced amounts of oil. And naturally our government will blame the companies, and not admit that their policies led to the layoffs.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Did anyone not expect this? The companies are not going to pay workers that they don't need to produce the reduced amounts of oil. And naturally our government will blame the companies, and not admit that their policies led to the layoffs.
What would you offer for a solution?
Old 01-29-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Pipelines are the obvious solution, but both our provincial and federal governments don't want pipelines. Our only hope, is that by next winter, we have pro pipeline governments.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:05 AM

Perhaps the reason the east does not want pipelines is to keep the west from wielding more political power & keeping it in the east. After all, our Prime Minister in 2010 has publicly stated when asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly, when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us." told interviewer Patrick Lagacé.

Here in french
I was always under the impression Canada was east and wet as a whole but I guess not.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 01-29-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Pipelines are the obvious solution, but both our provincial and federal governments don't want pipelines. Our only hope, is that by next winter, we have pro pipeline governments.
So no real solution just pointing out obvious facts and moaning about stuff out of our control. The UCP publicly stated they preferred the cuts before the NDP even finished considering the move.

Unfortunately we are stuck in a crappy spot with Ottawa manipulating us and theres not alot we can do. Even if Kenney gets elected hes powerless. He knows that more then Notley even does. He'll throw around a bunch of rhetoric and make it sound like he cares. And in the background he'll keep manipulating us while he takes a skim off of everything.

Atleast Notley and her motley crew attempting to invest in our province.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:19 AM

I said it once, I said it twice, I will say it again.

Alberta Infrastructure Tax on Non resident income. WHY??? Provincial Income Tax is being paid in BC, Ontario, Quebec, on income earned in Alberta.

I could walk naked down Jasper Avenue painted green with Neon Signs on my head trying to point out the fact that the VERY PROVINCES THAT ARE WRECKING ALBERTA ARE TAKING THE BENEFIT OF ALBERTA WAGES EARNED BY THEIR CITIZENS, but no one will listen.

Cutting production from Alberta will do little for marketing Alberta Oil at World Prices, when Eastern Canadians themselves would rather buy foreign Oil at World Price over getting discounted ALBERTA OIL.

Eastern Canada knows that the "Carbon Footprint" of tanker delivered Oil is alot higher than the "Carbon Footprint" of a Pipeline, so don't fall for the hypocrisy of the "Dirty Oil" argument.

Instead, we should FIGHT BACK with a hefty surcharge on the Non Resident Income Earners. The Provincial Tax Revenue will be better off for it, and if BC, Ontario, and Quesbec do not like it, they can send their Citizens somewhere else to work.

Drewski
Old 01-29-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
So no real solution just pointing out obvious facts and moaning about stuff out of our control. The UCP publicly stated they preferred the cuts before the NDP even finished considering the move.

Unfortunately we are stuck in a crappy spot with Ottawa manipulating us and theres not alot we can do. Even if Kenney gets elected hes powerless. He knows that more then Notley even does. He'll throw around a bunch of rhetoric and make it sound like he cares. And in the background he'll keep manipulating us while he takes a skim off of everything.

Atleast Notley and her motley crew attempting to invest in our province.
Had our provincial government been working towards getting pipelines built years ago, instead of opposing them, we might be a lot closer to having pipelines, which are the long term solution. But our provincial government instead chose to work against all non green energy , imposing a carbon tax, and siding with our anti oil federal government. And because of this, our entire energy sector is facing a huge crisis, and there is no immediate long term solution.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I say we shut off the taps everywhere they refuse the build the pipelines. Let the higher cost of gas there pay for the lost wages here.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-29-2019, 09:06 AM

Default oil

"Short term pain for long term gain" We now have Western Select prices that are very near WTI, not $12 /bbl oil. We were giving our oil away to dem Americans before the production restrictions were put in place. Well done Notley!