Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM

Default Found : Female Black lab

Hi, a very nice female black lab has showed up at our farm. Looks like she may have fell from a truck a while back. I took her to vet, he tells me she is about 2.5 years old, not spayed and looks to be purebred. Our farm is 6 miles SE of Fort Saskatchewan AB.

She is house trained, very smart and affectionate. She had a leash around her neck when she showed up, no colar, tags, tattoo or microchip.

Hopefully this is someone's dog on AO. We want to find the owner, if that is you, please describe and what color the leash she was wearing.

We will not be able to keep her, so I am hoping the owner see's this or someone let's them know. If owner not found in another week, we will release the dog to a good (hunting) home. The lab loves retrieving and I am convinced someone has started her on duck retrieval.

Please PM me with info.

Thanks,

AlazyS
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Give her to the good hunting home if she fell out of a truck the owner doesnt deserve her back.

Truck boxes are no place for a dog!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM

If you need a home for her, let me know.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned

Didn't the vet tell you to contact the county Bylaw Officer?

You are in possession of someone elses property, and need to bring the officials in.

If you are not afraid of the legal ramifications that could ensue on you, give it away.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Angry If there are no markings there are NO legal problems

An un spayed BLF with no markings, did not come from a breeder, they mark every pup. No collar, what we have here is the poor dog was dropped off to "a nice farm family" as an anonymous gift. I can't think of anything more cruel than to put a dog out of a car and speed back home and tell the wife/kids that the dog has gone to a new home.

Pls give it to some one here who will keep it and take care of the poor thing.

Good for you to take her in.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
An un spayed BLF with no markings, did not come from a breeder, they mark every pup. No collar, what we have here is the poor dog was dropped off to "a nice farm family" as an anonymous gift. I can't think of anything more cruel than to put a dog out of a car and speed back home and tell the wife/kids that the dog has gone to a new home.

Pls give it to some one here who will keep it and take care of the poor thing.

Good for you to take her in.
I have have had my share of drop offs.

I take them to the county animal control officer.

My neighbor shoots first and asks no questions.

Densa, come hunting up my way and lose one of your dogs
Old 01-15-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Didn't the vet tell you to contact the county Bylaw Officer?

You are in possession of someone elses property, and need to bring the officials in.

If you are not afraid of the legal ramifications that could ensue on you, give it away.
Really????? There goes that reminder that comes on everytime I think some people should use common sense..... Well I guess the people that lost the dog out of a pick up can go to the new owner "should they not claim it from the OP" and ask for their dog back!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM

A few weeks back wasn't there was a thread about a lost/stolen lab?
Trying to find it, IIRC it was around southern Alberta??!!
Cat
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Give her to the good hunting home if she fell out of a truck the owner doesnt deserve her back.

Agreed on so many levels. Way too many dogs are killed or injured in Canada due to the redneck tendency to drive around with your dog in the back of an open box pick-up. One of my biggest pet peeves (pun intended), and when ever I see this if the opportunity is there the driver/owner will usually get an earful. This is on my list of ways to tell who should and should not have pets........
Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Way too many dogs are killed or injured in Canada due to the redneck tendency to drive around with your dog in the back of an open box pick-up.!!
How funny is it that i have never heard of such a thing!!Get me proof please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
".. if the opportunity is there the driver/owner will usually get an earful.
Thanks for the warning,i'll carry an airhorn in my pick up just for you now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
More trash info..been driving my dogs in my box for almost 32yrs,NO issues whatsoever! Dogs absolutly LOVE rides to lake on hot scalding days..if a true dog owner pays attention to conditions on road:bumps,turns,obstacles,angles,passing traffic,oncoming traffic, etc(common sense),they to will have 30+ yrs trouble free also i reckon.

Last edited by tri777; 01-21-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post

More trash info..been driving my dogs in my box for almost 32yrs,NO issues whatsoever! Dogs absolutly LOVE rides to lake on hot scalding days..if a true dog owner pays attention to conditions on road:bumps,turns,obstacles,angles,passing traffic,oncoming traffic, etc(common sense),they to will have 30+ yrs trouble free also i reckon.

Raising the bar All I can do is shake my head.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:

X2. Been driving with my dogs in the box for 25 years..... They love it. Wouldnt dream of cramming my dog into one of those dog crate thingys.... To me THAT is inhumane. Probably gives the dog a complex too. What if one of his doggy buddies seen him? They would tease him of having poodle tendencys.....
Op... Hope you dont give up on the dog.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
X2. Been driving with my dogs in the box for 25 years..... They love it. Wouldnt dream of cramming my dog into one of those dog crate thingys.... To me THAT is inhumane. Probably gives the dog a complex too. What if one of his doggy buddies seen him? They would tease him of having poodle tendencys.....
Op... Hope you dont give up on the dog.
I'm sure your kids would too........ you gonna let them???
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:

For any that don't believe here are a few links

http://www.spca.bc.ca/welfare/campai...up-trucks.html

http://www.utahhumane.org/shelter/ed...ckups-bad-idea