Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 PM

Default Ground blind hunters!!

Okay guys last yr I purchased a couple ground blinds an shot a lot out of them as practice from a sitting position..now when I shot instead of the usual semi quiet thwap my beloved Z7 makes I got a loud almost cracking sound!fisrt thing yur thinking are yur limbs hitting the ceiling.negative..even had the wife watch..and her stand to the side away from the blind an said yup that's loud when you shoot..what is the issue????deer will jump the string for sure frick they might even leave the dang county!!!help pls anyone else have this issue???
Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 PM

A bow will always sound louder in a blind. The deer aren't in the blind with you, so don't worry 'bout it.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:58 PM

Default Noise

Same as shooting a rifle at the range when there is an overhang or back wall etc. Noise gets trapped in and is louder.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 PM

But won't the deer hear that??i mean on tv ive seen tons of deer get shot(an yes I know it's tv) but I just don't get how they wouldn't hear that god awful sound!!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:37 AM

Has your bow been tuned lately..as with any Bow The mathews will get consideribly louder the more the Cam rotates out of tune..[which also means BH, ATA. idler lean, draw lentgh/weight etc is also out] due to string stretch or settling...the Z7 was a quiter bow...

I will even over rotate cam on the short end..ATA slightly short 1/16...sweet spot
That and add string whiskers and she will be stealth...

My HeliM is so quite I have to yell "thwack" just so other shooters know Im shooting....its annoying...lol

Neil
Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 AM

Yes just had timing an a few other things adjusted by Lawrence at accurate an it's shooting absolutely deadly now.he also said everything else looked fine.bow is pretty quiet according to all my buddies I shoot with but still just boggles me how lo us that sound is when I release an arrow from in the blind..
Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post

My HeliM is so quite I have to yell "thwack" just so other shooters know Im shooting....its annoying...lol

Neil
Thats cuz Mathews are so slow. The dampeners and silencers have time to actually stop the noise lol jks
Old 08-20-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post

Ah, so YOU'RE the one! LOL