Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM
sheephunter

Default New Sako

Sako Announces New A7 - Designed For The American Hunter

Accokeek, Maryland — When it comes to buying a new hunting rifle, nothing is more important to a rifle shooter than accuracy and reliability. But equally important in today’s economy is value. The new Sako A7 meets all of these criteria straight out of the box. Available in 2008 as the new benchmark for the perfect American hunting rifle, mixing the world’s finest out-of-the-box accuracy rating with superior value, the new Sako A7 offers the rare combination of unprecedented accuracy and ultimate reliability at an affordable price.

The Sako A7 improves upon the world famous Sako 75 design, featuring a machined forged-steel bolt, match-grade hammer-forged barrel, adjustable single-stage trigger (adjustable between 2.2 and 4.9 pounds), detachable magazine and synthetic stock. The A7 also integrates the new “Total Control” Magazine Latch introduced on the Sako 85, eliminating any chance that the box magazine can come loose during operation. This new rifle is available in two finishes: blued and Sako’s no-glare Stainless Steel. The A7’s bolt offers a silky-smooth movement with a 70-degree throw. Together with Sako’s super-crisp trigger, the A7 provides an incredibly fast total lock time of less than 1.3 milliseconds.

Since 1921, Sako has led the industry in accuracy by setting the standard by which all other rifles are compared. Each rifle must place five shots within one inch at 100 yards or they don’t ship. Serious shooters know that in order to obtain consistent sub-inch groups one must start with a high-quality firearm and move forward from there. The new A7 not only holds the same level of accuracy as its brother the Sako 85, but it offers a price that makes the A7 the hands down best value in the American market.

The new Sako A7 rifle series is a superbly executed medley of tradition, technology, out-of-the-box accuracy and unprecedented value.

Established in 1921, Sako was originally created to build and service firearms for the Civil Guard in Finland. Since that time, the company has been dedicated to providing innovative solutions to shooters’ emerging needs for precision firearms. For decades now, Sako has developed world-class military, target and hunting rifles. The Sako brand offers the shooter uncompromising accuracy and reliability in a variety of calibers. Along side Beretta and its unique firearms traditions that reach all the way to the year 1526, Sako proudly carries on the precision rifle craftsmanship that has led to the success of the Sako products. Today, Sako manufactures, distributes and markets a complete line of rifles. Beretta USA is the exclusive distributor in North America for Sako products. For additional information visit: www.berettausa.com or www.SakoA7.net
Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 AM

Blasphemy

Browning is the key word here !

Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
Blasphemy

Don't shoot me...I'm just the messenger!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:35 AM

TJ, any word whether these will be available in left handed versions?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:36 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spartan View Post
TJ, any word whether these will be available in left handed versions?
Just received the press release a few minutes ago and that's all I know about it......
Old 01-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Looks like a tikka T3, plastic shroud (looks like) and everything, no ? Where's the evolution ? Is it the concept of rebranding an existing product ? Evolution all right....genius !!

Oh I see. now the Tikka..uhh..A7 has a short action and long action....so the T3 has evolved into an A7 which offers 2 different actions ?? I dunno, never been a fan of Tikkas......

Last edited by depopulator; 01-30-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
Blasphemy

Comparing a Browning rifle to a Sako is like comparing a horse & buggy to the spaceshuttle...

Or a 40 oz Schlitz to Lagavulin scotch...
Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 PM

I am always glad to see something new hit the market. If its not your "brand" at least it keeps the other manufactures at the drawing board.
A guaranteed 5 shot MOA ..... That's better than anyone else out there.
I am kind of surprised by the few calibers it is available in. At least they stuck to the main ones. I am sure after the first year we will see other chamberings. .270 WSM???
The suggested retail looks a lower than some of the past Sakos. IMO Sakos have been getting a little pricey. It wouldn't have been long and you could have bought a Mark V Weatherby cheaper than one.
Maybe you guys headed to the Shot Show can give us an update.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Well if they have one of them out in the desert I'll be sure to pull the trigger a few times for you Dan.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
I am always glad to see something new hit the market. If its not your "brand" at least it keeps the other manufactures at the drawing board.
A guaranteed 5 shot MOA ..... That's better than anyone else out there.
I am kind of surprised by the few calibers it is available in. At least they stuck to the main ones. I am sure after the first year we will see other chamberings. .270 WSM???
The suggested retail looks a lower than some of the past Sakos. IMO Sakos have been getting a little pricey. It wouldn't have been long and you could have bought a Mark V Weatherby cheaper than one.
Maybe you guys headed to the Shot Show can give us an update.
I can't imagine they won't have them there. I'm anxious to get a look for sure!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Default New Sako

I sent an email to Stoeger on monday but have not heard anything back yet. I also checked with one of the local hunting stores and they said 11 months as that is how long it took them to get the Sako 85's when they came out.

Hopefully I can find one sooner than that!!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:15 PM

Ya Stoeger Canada is not know for it's high customer service...they do answer but it may take a couple emails.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 AM

I email last night and look what came in my in box this morning.

"We do not expect to see the A7’s until sometime in 2009.

Thank you for your interest in Sako products."

Sent: February-14-08 7:45 PM
To: info@stoegercanada.ca
Subject: Sako A7

Can you give a fellow any idea when we in Canada may see the A7 on our favorite dealers shelves?

thank you

So unless you got connections time to take a cool down break and wait it out.

There are no absolutes