Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Question $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ How Much Money Are Coyotes Going For this Winter $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Any Idea on what the Average pelt is bringing in this year? I'm starting to think that some guys are getting decent money this winter for them.Alot of people are being tight lipped is my impression.

Thanks,WJ!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM

The best prices come from auction (NAFA). If they are real good quality I think we will see somewhere around $60 -70.00 average, give or take.
Apparently the auction sold off last years inventory so prices may be up a bit this year . Hard to tell until after the first action is held.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
The best prices come from auction (NAFA). If they are real good quality I think we will see somewhere around $60 -70.00 average, give or take.
Apparently the auction sold off last years inventory so prices may be up a bit this year . Hard to tell until after the first action is held.
I heard rumours of $100 for the best pelts.Thats good for the trapping guys if thats the case....I need to start shooting differnt bullets,im blowing them apart with the ballistic tips.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM

$100.00 or better is quite possible for a good Alberta Coyote. The first NAFA auction will be in Feb (i think). That will tell us.

What cal/bullet are you shooting ?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
$100.00 or better is quite possible for a good Alberta Coyote. The first NAFA auction will be in Feb (i think). That will tell us.

What cal/bullet are you shooting ?
I see not until Febuary..

Running a 55 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip out of a 240 Wby Mag...Bullet size is ok,its just the Ballistic tips leave such big holes in the hide.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM

I've had the same experience with B -tips. Those 55's must be sizzlin out of that .240 WBY. I get 3800+ out of them with my .243 Win.

I found my .20 Tactical /Berger 35 to be the most fur friendly .. same with204 Ruger.

Not nice sewing up a whole side lol.