Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2016, 01:54 AM

Default Anyone takes his quad for quick spin in the city?

Just wondering did anyone used his dirtbike or quad to go in a store grab a cigaretes or something i was just wondering do people do that here or no?I took my quad for a quick spin downtown couple times when i was bored
Old 01-11-2016, 02:04 AM
Banned

Let me know how much the ticket is. I often wondered about that.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:51 AM
Banned

Default Free in South America

In Mancora Peru which is a town of around twenty thousand and is a surfing hippy type hangout loaded with tourists from everywhere coupled with lots of private houses on the coast from the Lima elite, everything goes.

You see motocross bikes and quads going shopping all the time. No plates. Just go. Right along the PanAmericana highway route connecting to Ecuador.

You can see photos of the area if your curious at

www.vivamancora.com

Click to English language.

The waves that are in Hawaii arrive on that coast seven days later.

I rip up and down that northern coastline with either my Can Am 450 DSX or the old double cylinder two stroke twin pipe Banshee. You can go for 20 km runs chasing the waves in and out on perfect sand beaches. Water temp 22 C. Freedom.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 AM

Got buddies in elkford, guys do it there all the time....
Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 AM

Years ago we were having a bush party of about 30 people. Was only about 2 miles out of Edmonton at the time and a buddy lived about about 3 blocks from the edge of town and sledded it, winter. He started on his way and a cop saw him and started chaseing him. That cop followed him through fields for about 15 mins till he finnaly got stuck in his regular cruiser, snow was too deep in one spot. Dumb azz cop trying to catch a sled in a field in the winter without a 4X4. LOL.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 AM

Ok, I'll bite... I ride a dual sport motorcycle so yeah, I do ride trails, commute to work, and go for milk on the same machine. In a few Alaskan towns I've been through the use of quads for around town commuting was very common.

In the small town I live in now we are sort of unofficially allowed to ride ATV's in town so long as we are riding in a responsible manner on our way out of town or back to our homes... the type of use many are talking about in this thread is the sort of thing that gets those privileges taken away...
Old 01-11-2016, 08:00 AM

no problem.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:03 AM

Default exactly

Deffinatly with moosnuckle on this one, dual sport bikes are the best invention since sliced bread. Heres some footage of me tearing up the sand dunes on "Greasy Lighting".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfgx9QaYTY

Last edited by Bushleague; 01-11-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:14 AM

When I first moved to Fort McMurray over 35 years ago, it wasn't uncommon to see atvs or snowmobiles at a service station, but these days the penalty is a huge fine, and the atv/snowmobile is impounded for a while. Even getting caught cleaning the sidewalks with a blade on an atv will being the same penalty. A few idiots still take the risk to ride in city limits, but most people are smarter than to take the risk.