Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-27-2013, 07:40 PM

Default Getting banned

No offence mods but if you gonna ban guys like in the sheep thread for what was said there, you should be banning left right and center. There are lots of threads that go sideways and get lot more heated than that and guys get to keep their positions. There are personal jabs on here all the time and the ban hammer stays in its holster. What gives?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:42 PM

What happened? Who got banned?

LC
Old 11-27-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
What happened? Who got banned?

LC
sheepguide for making perfectly reasonable suggestions
Old 11-27-2013, 07:55 PM

I'm pretty comfortable in saying if that is why you think he was banned, you are ill informed, not that it is of anyones business.

That's the problem with people who speak NOT of what they know on this forum
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
I'm pretty comfortable in saying if that is why you think he was banned, you are ill informed, not that it is of anyones business.

That's the problem with people who speak NOT of what they know on this forum
i can only go from what i have read on here.

thanks for clearing the air though
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 PM

Yes because we mods always ban people for reasonable suggestions....
Old 11-27-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Yes because we mods always ban people for reasonable suggestions....
Maybe you mods can clear up the air!

Let us know why people got banned, as a good reminder.

I'd like to hear your sides, I read the posts, and I didn't see anything that broke forum rules? Unless I missed something?

I'm usually on board with you guys, but I'm confused on this one?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 PM

Potty, I'm going to bite on this one, feeling a little irritable. Had to edit this several times so I didnt hurt anyone's feelings.

No secrets here, the forum rules have been here since existence, sticky threads on the forums for everyone to view. very simple rules to follow. That is what we moderate too, nothing more, nothing less. Seems pretty simple to me.

People don't always see posts that possibly got deleted or what may happen behind the scenes.

What I find funny is the whole irony on this topic alone, for anyone that has spent any length of time or history on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post

I'd like to hear your sides, I read the posts, and I didn't see anything that broke forum rules? Unless I missed something?

Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post

Potty, Mods can't advertise the reasons for a banning. That's personal information. It's a legal issue. Frankly, putting "BANNED" on the person's identity may be a breach of law. Better to just quietly remove all posts by the member and never mention him or her again. You must remember that this forum is part of a business. t's not just our little social club. If your local Walmart decided to ban an unruly customer, it would break any number of laws if it then took out an advertisement in the local paper announcing the fact. Same here.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

I wouldn't sweat it. I just refuse to buy from that big list of paying sponsers. This place maked hunters look ridiculous but then again, its for a province with spelling errors in the safety course AND exam. Place is lucky to have the few patient mature posters it manages to retain.

Ever heard of a site called beyond.ca? Go there and tell me if you can take the alberta motorsports scene seriously.

Welcome to the internet.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:05 PM

Seriously, guys? I've been warned once, on this site, and I totally deserved it. If the mods banned someone, chances are extremely good that it was deserved. The reason is between them, and the person who got banned. It has nothing to do with you. I give this thread a few hours, max.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
sheepguide for making perfectly reasonable suggestions
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
Seriously, guys? I've been warned once, on this site, and I totally deserved it. If the mods banned someone, chances are extremely good that it was deserved. The reason is between them, and the person who got banned. It has nothing to do with you. I give this thread a few hours, max.
That seems like a reasonable suggestion....uh oh I think I'm required to ban you
Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 PM

I'm with potty on this one tho, usually agree with the mods decision but from what I read in the thread there was no reason Darcy got banned. I didn't see what rules got broke either??
That's why I asked the mods what gives?

Edit.....
So are there rules for guys that come back that are different for the rest of the members? Maybe the mods should clean house on the guys that don't have the stones to come back under the same name, use 10 different names but are still the same schmuck....
Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Banned

MEH..I got sent to band-camp a couple years ago because I "ripped" on a totally unsafe way of repairing a HIGH pressure fuel line with a rubber hose and some clamps..apparently the mod had NO CLUE about the dangers this could present..BUT then again..they would know more than me, doing the right thing and licensed for 35 yrs I take everything on here with a grain of salt and spit out half my drinks on some of the "tech" advice!!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
I agree...there is usually a good reason although sometimes it is removed before we see it or... there is something in the background.

IIRC...that member was previously banned for losing his chit and that his return was conditional...no?

In any case... if the guy wants back on all he has to do is keep it on the down low... and rejoin under anew name...like so many others have.

Some...are successful.
Others...can't change.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow Bow View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. I just refuse to buy from that big list of paying sponsers. This place maked hunters look ridiculous but then again, its for a province with spelling errors in the safety course AND exam. Place is lucky to have the few patient mature posters it manages to retain.

Ever heard of a site called beyond.ca? Go there and tell me if you can take the alberta motorsports scene seriously.

Welcome to the internet.
Sorry TB, not sure I get your post. Obviously I'm not well informed. What's the sponsors got to do with the OP's question? Unless one of the sponsors got banned? Please inform.

And what safety course/exam are you referring to that contains spelling mistakes?

And how is this place "for a province...."?

I think you are trying to say something that maybe only a few here will get. Please don't be shy. If you got something to say, then say it.

Sorry, but there are legit questions, as I am not kidding about being not well informed. I do wholeheartedly agree about the internet, and having a few good posters hanging in there though.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
This place maked hunters look ridiculous but then again, its for a province with spelling errors in the safety course AND exam.
Anyone else see a little irony here?

Sorry Tow. Lol

Back on topic...

I would suspect that a pm or 2 was thrown around behind the scenes. Darcy had a ton of knowledge to share but sometimes the tact was particularly lacking. I get the passion but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

I say let the mods do as they have been doing. Asking for an explanation is pointless. If they start giving explanations every time they do something we will never discuss anything else. Giving one explanation leads to another, then another then........
Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Banned

Lol, had to happen. Typing on a tablet sux.

However, no one pays me to get themselves licensed to shoot weapons so not such a big deal.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Anyone else see a little irony here?

Sorry Tow. Lol

Back on topic...

I would suspect that a pm or 2 was thrown around behind the scenes. Darcy had a ton of knowledge to share but sometimes the tact was particularly lacking. I get the passion but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

I say let the mods do as they have been doing. Asking for an explanation is pointless. If they start giving explanations every time they do something we will never discuss anything else. Giving one explanation leads to another, then another then........
I maked bread once. It wasn't pertty.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the internet.
Says the man who makes a post filled with spelling errors.
beyond.ca has a quarter million members, a daily viewership of almost 200,000. A quarter of a million dollars in value....yeah, you can't take that site seriously.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

World wide wreztling has m8re. Are they the place to go for wrestli g lessons?

Thats what a line ty9ed on my tablet looks like. Be happy the whole post isnt like thst.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the internet.
I'm about to start a thread called Troll Bait, keep your eyes open,

..winner gets a comb