Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 10:09 AM

Default Nurses to get laid off.

Alberta Health Services announced today that they are going to lay off several hundred nurses in Alberta. What a shame that our health care system has to take a hit again. Especially the front line workers. I’m sure there are a ton of top end, highly paid administration personnel that could be sacrificed. Let the nurses do their jobs. This is patient care that is being compromised.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 11-30-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: More info
Old 11-30-2019, 10:13 AM

Seems like the unions are trying to make the public mad and cutting front line workers rather than trimming the fat at the top. Rather than cleaning the system they would rather hurt the public.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Seems like the unions are trying to make the public mad and cutting front line workers rather than trimming the fat at the top. Rather than cleaning the system they would rather hurt the public.
Fully agree. I dislike that the unions are more and more trying to be political movers rather than going back to their roots of why they were established
Old 11-30-2019, 10:18 AM

Old 11-30-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
How many are rethinking their conservative vote at this point?
Not one bit. Looks like they need some outside people to come in and optimize their business. If any other business operated like this the public would revolt and they would go bankrupt.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Not one bit. Looks like they need some outside people to come in and optimize their business. If any other business operated like this the public would revolt and they would go bankrupt.
It’s not a business it’s a service. the desired outcome is not monetary
Old 11-30-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
X2

It's very revealing about people when they go insane when some gov't workers get cut but can hears crickets out of them when the taxpayers who support their salaries are out of work.

I feel sympathy for all workers, but I'm a pragmatist so I understand that books have to be balanced. Everyone needs to remember the 42,000 additional provincial gov't staff that Notley hired to pad her union votes. There HAS to be some trimming done. I do agree that there's got to be lots of management cut, given the choice I'd prefer a paper shuffler be cut than a nurse.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Heh trump . Healthcare should not be run as a business or we will end up like the US. Kenney is a crook . We all get a punch in the gut while corporations got a huge gift . If I have to get a punch in the gut so should the corporations! Our population is growing so should our healthcare . It's a race to the bottom !
Old 11-30-2019, 02:31 PM

It's important to understand corporations pay tax on profit . If a corporation is on the verge the tax break did not help . it only helped profitable corporations.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:51 PM

Default x2

Quote:
This...
Old 11-30-2019, 10:22 AM

The decline of what we all were just a few short years ago... is on a rapid pace in a circular water filled deep deep hole...we can’t stop it now.. so sink or swim somehow I suppose.. I feel for all those affected now and in the future from our govt hands!
This will not end well for many
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-30-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
The unions?? I think you are confused about how this works. AHS decided who gets cut, not the workers themselves (union members). The fat at the top (administration, CHeif officers of toilet paper, Vice Presidents, and the like) is all politically connected so of course they don’t get cut. Same as what happened in the fat arse anti-hunter Ralph’s days.

So Kenney lies. Surprise!!! We got lied to by another eastern politician.

Sorry Alberta, can’t afford health care because Jason Kenney has to keep paying off kbecistan and Ottawa if he wants to be prime minister one day.

Wexit is sounding better and better. Imagine what we could afford if we didn’t send eastern Kanuckistan over 50 billion every year
Old 11-30-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
The unions?? I think you are confused about how this works. AHS decided who gets cut, not the workers themselves (union members). The fat at the top (Admin) is all politically connected so of course they don’t get cut. Same as what happened in the fat arse anti-hunter Ralph’s days.

So Kenney lies. Surprise!!! We got lied to by another eastern politician.

Sorry Alberta, can’t afford health care because Jason Kenney has to keep paying off kbecistan and Ottawa if he wants to be prime minister one day.

Wexit is sounding better and better. Imagine what we could afford if we didn’t send eastern Kanuckistan over 50 billion every year
Last I checked unions don’t reward their top staff and work on seniority. Regardless you are correct. AHS needs to look internal. Cutting front staff is the easy way out.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Last I checked unions don’t reward their top staff and work on seniority. Regardless you are correct. AHS needs to look internal. Cutting front staff is the easy way out.
The “top staff” label would instantly be monetized, politicized and manipulated. Seniority while not perfect, prevents interference.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
The “top staff” label would instantly be monetized, politicized and manipulated. Seniority while not perfect, prevents interference.
You are reading into each word a bit much. Top staff is staff off the front line. Not just a couple at the top.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
The unions?? I think you are confused about how this works. AHS decided who gets cut, not the workers themselves (union members). The fat at the top (administration, CHeif officers of toilet paper, Vice Presidents, and the like) is all politically connected so of course they don’t get cut.
They are also the ones making the decisions, so they aren't going to cut themselves. It's win-win really, they keep their jobs and bloated salaries, the sheeple get upset as nurses are being cut, so the government feels obligated to put more money in the system, which said administrations then get a cut of.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:22 PM

The managers who were tasked with trimming the fat are not union, they are saving their own skin at the expense of front line staff.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasinator View Post
The managers who were tasked with trimming the fat are not union, they are saving their own skin at the expense of front line staff.
Then the unions should be protesting AHS instead of the UCP... But that will never happen.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:24 PM

Debt is bankruptcy if you can’t pay your bills. The world is headed that way. Everyone wants to live off money they don’t have. No different than governments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2019, 07:47 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That's too bad now the rest will be really over worked....they bust thier butts already, many eat up shifts due to sick days etc but now this is going to be a poop show for sure which will lead to burn out etc....will only get worse if this is true.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Closed Thread