Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM

Talking Anonymous is after Guzoo!

Its horrific to think that after being declared unfit for decades,
it takes this to get it international attention.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...erta-zoo2.html

Side note,
Guzoo is now asking for volunteer security guards.

I am pretty sure the SOB thinks that their attack is a literal one and is preparing for war.

They are claiming to go after all provincial offices that have allowed this to continue, as well as telling the RCMP to expect them, reminding them of Halifax.

This needs constant pressure, and although I highly doubt this alone with close guzoo, it might help bump it up on the priority list.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:30 PM

Oh, and yes I have been there,
and seen some horrible conditions.
Ive submitted pictures for public use,
and no I am not a hippie.

As a community we should be ashamed that he still gets support because he is a good ol boy, and he means well, and yadda yadda yadda.

As hunters and outdoorsmen, We are ethical, and believe in the humane treatment of our game, why should it stop there? Just because these animals are not going onto our plate, or from our backyard, they are still deserving of the best we can offer.

Letting our government continually let him slide is not the best we can do. This is our province, and I understand that life isn't all just roses and lollipops, but at what point is it enough to clean our community of this type of behavior?
Old 07-13-2013, 03:16 PM

There was a several month long fight on here lLast time they were brought up; bleeding hearts were crying about poor poor gazoo trying to save animals with no backing, and realists saying good, about time his furry horror show was stopped and they face charges.

I am a realist.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-13-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
There was a several month long fight on here lLast time they were brought up; bleeding hearts were crying about poor poor gazoo trying to save animals with no backing, and realists saying good, about time his furry horror show was stopped and they face charges.

I am a realist.
Had some respect for the guy till a couple of weeks ago. Was in Three Hills for their museum day. Guzoo had an animal exhibit there. Very cute and good for kids, but they had a nanny goat there with ears completely frozen off. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Grizz
Old 07-13-2013, 05:02 PM

Yo! Grizz!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Lamancha_goat
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM

It takes a bunch of geeks behind computer screens and keyboards to do the things we all want to see done. It's a shame that it takes a mask and anonymity to get things done politically at this point in our society.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Nah, this one had stubs and her kid had normal ears.

Grizz
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM

Default the goat with frozen off ears???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Had some respect for the guy till a couple of weeks ago. Was in Three Hills for their museum day. Guzoo had an animal exhibit there. Very cute and good for kids, but they had a nanny goat there with ears completely frozen off. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Grizz
The goat you are referring to did NOT have frozen off ears. It is a domestic goat. they are a breed of goat used for both milk and meat. they are called LaMancha goats.
Before damning a person you should know your goats.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveofanimals View Post
The goat you are referring to did NOT have frozen off ears. It is a domestic goat. they are a breed of goat used for both milk and meat. they are called LaMancha goats.
Sure as Hell didn't look like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Lamancha_goat

As pointed out, neither did the Kid, which had "normal" ears.

Grizz
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveofanimals View Post
And so it begins...

It occurs too me that not very many people knock the Calgary Zoo or Toronto or a host of other u-pet em places but for some reason a whole bunch seem to take issue with the place in question.

There must be a reason for that.
Regardless of whether one is a goat expert or not most of us have some idea of what is and what is not acceptable within the boundaries of society on the whole.

I don't know the guy and I've never been to his place.
I have seen pictures and maintained a periferal awareness via the forum here and the media and its my opinion that the growing opinion that the place needs to be shut down hinges on more than whether or not an earless goat is the result of design or mishap.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 PM

I enjoy the Guzoo more than the Calgary Zoo, kids get to interact and enjoy the animals more, if you haven't taken the kids yet you really should. The Guzoo is more like a farm so someone from the city would consider it dirty but they would think the same with a lot of farms. If we had a dog or cow die it was just thrown in the pit. Never thought to have a proper funeral and bury a dog. A lot of cats at the farm had frozen ears, they were not allowed in the house, a bad winter some of the cows would have frozen ears. When you have livestock you will have deadstock.
I think owning dogs in the city, holed up in an apartment all day maybe walked once is more cruel than anything that happens out here. My wifes friend was an animal lover loser yet she kept her dogs in a kennel all day while at work. So many horrible things happening in the world to worry about other than this.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM

Your jumping to conclusions and assuming I don't know anything about this situation,
Tsk tsk.

If your a member of the Gustafson family, I feel sorry that your last name is famous for animal abuse.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Banned

I know nothing about this zoo but periodically there is a thread about it. Knowing that zoos are a prime target of PETA types, I have to ask myself this......If this zoo is as brutal as what some people claim it is, why hasn't the government shut it down by now? I'm pretty sure that the minimum government standards have to be met and that the zoo is subject to periodic inspections so.....Why haven't they been shut down?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 PM

I went to Guzoo many years ago, and liked it. Enclosures were clean, animals all seemed happy and healthy, everything was good. A couple years ago when the Guzoo controversy started I was on the old guys side, but as time went on and more questionable pictures surfaced (especially the dead dogs piled up) I changed my views on the operation. Time to find new homes for the animals and shut the place down.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 PM

I think the "farm" excuse for the conditions is patheitc. I am not 100% sure what farms most people have been on but i know most I have been around (alot) would be ashamed if their land looked like that. I have been on farms that are terrible but all the other landowners around those places all think the person is a moron as well.

I also think it is hilarious how he says that the people attacking him are "domestic terrorists" This shows the person has absolutely no grasp on reality.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
I went to Guzoo many years ago, and liked it. Enclosures were clean, animals all seemed happy and healthy, everything was good. A couple years ago when the Guzoo controversy started I was on the old guys side, but as time went on and more questionable pictures surfaced (especially the dead dogs piled up) I changed my views on the operation. Time to find new homes for the animals and shut the place down.

When they talk about "Three Hills", they are talking about Guzoo. The place is located right on one of the rises that gave the town it's name. About as desolate and exposed a place you can think of, in the winter. Only shelter is the windbreaks and sheds Gustavson built. Trees don't do well in that country.

Grizz