Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Default Way to go Uruguay!! Marijuana completely legal.

Uruguay Becomes First Country In World To Fully Legalize Cannabis:

Great Video clip.

Quote:
The bill passed on Wednesday effectively integrates elements of Colorado’s and Washington’s laws with innovations from Europe and provisions unique to Uruguay. Adults are permitted to cultivate up to six plants; cooperatives can provide marijuana for a limited number of members; and pharmacies can sell it. Sales to minors, driving under the influence and all forms of advertising are prohibited. This new model will be of great interest to advocates and legislators in other countries, and of course in the growing number of U.S. states in which a majority of citizens now favor legalizing marijuana.

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 08-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Banned

I wonder what Barki will have to say to this.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned

I don`t want to move to Uruguay.too many U`s in the name.
I can barely spell Canadada.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned

Passed Wednesday.

I'll give the US a couple months before they dig up an excuse to label Uruguay an outlaw terrorist state and start trade sanctions....if tyhey havn't already done that.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Passed Wednesday.

I'll give the US a couple months before they dig up an excuse to label Uruguay an outlaw terrorist state and start trade sanctions....if tyhey havn't already done that.
Not sure they'll go that far, but I would imagine the US gov. Will take issue with their decision.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
Not sure they'll go that far, but I would imagine the US gov. Will take issue with their decision.
Every time it is suggested here... the US through the DEA funds lobbiests and propoganda ads to be unleashed on Canada.
They air commercoials on Cnadioan TV, they buy ad space in newspapers... they go whole hog.
Further the direct political pressure has been well documented.

THe US sees nothing srong with tryiong to impose its will upon the internal affairs of its enemies and "friends" alike.

Land of the free....should be called land of the rude butinski.

Watch...if Trudea keeps yapping about pot...the US government will begin to make comments during our next election in an atempt to influence the outcome.
When it comes down to it....to our friends in the south...we are all nothing more than Honduras, Nicaragua, Panamama, Afghanistan, Iraq etc etc .... to them...unless we behave exactly as they wish.

Look what happened when we chose to stay out of Iraq.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I don`t want to move to Uruguay.too many U`s in the name.
I can barely spell Canadada.
Its easy:

C, eh? N, eh? D, eh?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
Sure, let's legalize rape, murder and robbery so we can win that war as well.

Grizz
Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM

Perfect, hopefully all the retards that use the crap up here, will move down there!

Win win, no more crap on our streets or low life's that use it....heck I'll pinch in and put $100 to send someone down there forever .
Old 08-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Perfect, hopefully all the retards that use the crap up here, will move down there!

Win win, no more crap on our streets or low life's that use it....heck I'll pinch in and put $100 to send someone down there forever .
Doubt it...all the retards that bought Reagans line of BS didn't move to the US.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:

Wow, that might just be the dumbest thing I have ever read anywhere in my life. Congrats on your tunnel vision perspectives! I know a lot of people that smoke pot and run successful lives. It's marijuana...not crack cocaine bud.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
Wow, that might just be the dumbest thing I have ever read anywhere in my life. Congrats on your tunnel vision perspectives! I know a lot of people that smoke pot and run successful lives. It's marijuana...not crack cocaine bud.
It's all the same bud! A drug is a drug and a drugie is still a waste of skin.You and me , I'm sure we have a huge difference in what successful is as well.

Last edited by pottymouth; 08-11-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-11-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
Yeah cuz smoking a joint is the equivalent to raping women, murdering and robbery.
Great analogy.

I guess once you've been brainwashed, there really is no turning back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Kinda like, "winning the war"? Never ceases to amaze me, we've done everything but criminalize it to discourage tobacco consumtion and we want to legalize another toxic substance for people to inhale. Don't tell me it's less harmful either, your lungs are made to breathe air, not complex chemicals, the effects of which don't fully understand. They told us tobacco was harmless for eons as well.

Grizz
Is tobacco or pot any worse than alcohol?

Quote:
It's all the same bud! A drug is a drug and a drugie is still a waste of skin.You and me , I'm sure have a huge difference in what successful is as well.
Is a drunk any more successful than someone who partakes in the bud? As with all things, there are those who may drink responsibly and live a productive life and there are many who smoke responsibly and live a productive life. Then there are those who allow these substances to ruin them and their families, that is the individual, not the substance.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:

I agree 100%

Quote:
It's all the same bud! A drug is a drug and a drugie is still a waste of skin.You and me , I'm sure (we) have a huge difference in what successful is as well.
Pottymouth for PM!

I would jail the entire fricken works for life if I could, users, growers, distributors, everyone. New jail under the ice in Antarctica.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:

I hope your kids become drug addicts. You are probably an alcoholic who thinks that is so much better.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainankiller View Post
I hope your kids become drug addicts. You are probably an alcoholic who thinks that is so much better.
What the he!! is that man???

Now THAT makes you look REAL bad dude!!! What an unkind thing to say about someone!!!
Also, what kind of handle is that????
Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Banned

Wow, some people are so judgemental...

Is it the term "illegal" that drives some of you to judge? If weed was legal, would it change your minds? There are far worse drugs out there, both legal and not.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Everyone that draws a hard line against weed should just be pushing for the prohibition of alcohol.

I know first hand what full blown alcohol abuse will do to a human body, and to a family. Even knowing what I know and seeing all the things I saw, and the eventual gruesome demise of this family member, I still don't think booze should be banned. The choices of my family member should not reflect on the rest of societies right to do as they please. This is also why I think pot should not be prohibited.

Now, clearly people disagree and think pot should stay illegal but why do you not want to see booze also banned. I absolutely promise you that nobody will die the way this particular family member died, with the abuse of pot. Pot simply cannot destroy a human body in such a grim way.

Alcohol is a poison and must be respected. We all know this. But if we are swinging the ban hammer around to say pot is so damaging, why not go after it all? Why not make more "progress" and take another harmful substance out of society?

I support personal responsibility and freedom to choose. I ask my above question to those that are so against pot but are fine with booze.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Last edited by pottymouth; 08-14-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Ok this is the most insulting, ridiculous post I have ever seen on this forum. You even realize and read what you said to this man? I actually had a very good conversation with pottymouth after all this fiasco thread started and he is a stand up good man, same as Ken and CalgaryDave and many other good people on here. I consider you UK a very immature, unintelligent person who needs to man up and post an apology to pottymouth. EVERYONE here is entitled to their opinion and there is no need for such insult such as your post was. Gee whiz man, wth?? I am done with this thread. This person definitely should be banned from here. I am shaking my head in disbelief of how a debate can pull the worst outta some people, some people believe and stand for one thing as others do stand for the opposite but come on people there is no need for such degrading insults. Lets get back to what we all love...outdoors stuff, hunting, fishing, great pics and stories. My last post on this thread.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 AM

I do find this picture most fitting!!

It is Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disagreement-hierarchy-copy.jpg (180.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-14-2013, 11:02 AM

Before this thread self destructs, I would like to hear from Potty, Ken or any of the others against pot respond to my latest post above, without using the words retard or talking about prison. Simply the effects the two substances have on society and individuals and why they don't push for alcohol prohibition as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep6matt View Post
Ok this is the most insulting, ridiculous post I have ever seen on this forum. You even realize and read what you said to this man? I actually had a very good conversation with pottymouth after all this fiasco thread started and he is a stand up good man, same as Ken and CalgaryDave and many other good people on here. I consider you UK a very immature, unintelligent person who needs to man up and post an apology to pottymouth. EVERYONE here is entitled to their opinion and there is no need for such insult such as your post was. Gee whiz man, wth?? I am done with this thread. This person definitely should be banned from here. I am shaking my head in disbelief of how a debate can pull the worst outta some people, some people believe and stand for one thing as others do stand for the opposite but come on people there is no need for such degrading insults. Lets get back to what we all love...outdoors stuff, hunting, fishing, great pics and stories. My last post on this thread.
You can't ban people on here genius all it takes is a new email and a new name!! Get back to great pics you are one of the worse offenders. This is canada freedom of speech d!€£ head
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Good. I ain't apologizing for ****. Tell that loud mouth $@&$ to maybe express his opinion differently. Who is he to call people retards. Maybe some people take offence to that.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Banned

Hmmmm.....Wishing someone's kids become drug addicts isn't right. Wishing that someone's kids get thrown in jail for the rest of their lives because they have a joint in their possession isn't much better though.

Potty.....Under-aged kids can buy illegal pot just as easily as they can booze and cigs.....probably easier. Legalizing pot won't change that IMO.

How about someone eliminating the emotion and listing the pros and cons of legalization?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Poor Potty...he can dish it out but he can't take it... and he shouldn't have to because he is the picture of politeness himself?

Right.
Thats not what he demonstrated here.

Yes...the post in question was offside but was it any more offside than his posts calling people retards?

A term I might add that fell from grace socially at about the same time the "N" word did.

I would imagine that he lost the support of a lot of people opposed to legalization at the first instance where he began to refer to people as retards....simply because nobody wants to align themselves with that sort of ignorance...especially coming from a man that is a hypocritical purveyor of poison himself.

My thought is that by now he should understand that respect is a reciprocal thing.
If he wants to be treated with respect...he needs to demonstrate respect towards others and form fact based objective arguments rather than try to just shout down those in disagreement like a bullying schoolyard mouth piece.

I'm sure that if Potty had adopted a less angry and insulting approach to his argument...he wouldn't be flexing in the mirror or seeing his friends jump in in his behalf now.

The guys that you are blaming for this have...for the most part... a much better track record for constructive and respectful debate than he does.

You reap what you sow.

Last edited by Big Daddy Badger; 08-14-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:14 PM

Should crack down on drug dealers with guns and reduce violent crimes.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Sure, let's legalize rape, murder and robbery so we can win that war as well.
Yeah cuz smoking a joint is the equivalent to raping women, murdering and robbery.
Great analogy.

I guess once you've been brainwashed, there really is no turning back.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM

I have been to Uruguay and have friends there.

Had a great time there. I was at a meeting and I vividly recall that we had a reception, and they were pouring about 3 ounces of Scotch into everyone's glass--quite a party! Things livened up pretty fast!

I would happily go back......though I don't smoke either regular or 'wacky' tobacco.

I have mixed feelings about legalizing MJ.......though the so called 'war on drugs' has cost a mountain of money and victory is NOT in sight!