Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:00 PM

Default The spoiled child Quebec

They're upset at the lack of Quebecer's at the games. I often wonder when there was a vote in Quebec if they wanted to stay or seperate why there wasn't another vote on wether we wanted to keep them or not.
http://sports.ca.msn.com/olympics/ar...entid=23461962
Old 02-15-2010, 04:06 PM

Default Gone...

Bye..bye,adios,arriva durchee, gonzo...who needs em !!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Take your share of the debt and don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 PM

Alberta dosen't have a share in the debt, Albertas been giving and Quebec's been taking. They owe us billions and have never made a payment for what we gave, not even a thank you. All they do is spit in our face. Cut em off and foreclose on em, ungrateful wretches. Would Quebec allow transfer payments to flow the other way if the shoe were on the other foot? Pretty sure they would have seperated long ago if that were the case. They stay in confederation because we keep paying the price politically, socially and financially to keep them in.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 PM

Well said as usual, Bushrat.

Just minutes ago, I sat in this very seat and watched Alexandre Bilodeau get presented with his gold medal. It was difficult to not feel the lump in my throat as our anthem played. I have never felt so proud to be Canadian. Then I read this crap......

I fear my belief in a strong and unified Canada is being eroded.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Graham 1 and Bushrat,
Between the two of you, my sentiments are nailed down precisely. Nuff said. Bring on the WESTERN REFURENDUM.
Baz
Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Gone Hunting

The one complainig was the "federal heritage minister"...WTH????....that is FEDERAL. they should be checking to see if the French portion was more than 10%.......tired of their BS...they can go on their own and continue mining their asbestos, because it's part of their "culture" as they said...tell 'em to take a hike as us Rednecks have a culture too....it's called Oilsands.....1/100th as dangerous as Asbestos
Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM

They will also complain about the lack of Francophone players on the Hockey teams....they complain about it everyear about the Juniors as well....its their agenda and they have no shame.....
Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Now, if the Olympics were being held in Quebec again, how much English would we get to hear?
Grizz
Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Now, if the Olympics were being held in Quebec again, how much English would we get to hear?
Grizz
not a word.....we'd just get to pay for it again!!!!!!!!! and again!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
They're upset at the lack of Quebecer's at the games. I often wonder when there was a vote in Quebec if they wanted to stay or seperate why there wasn't another vote on wether we wanted to keep them or not.
Uh, thhe lack of Quebecers, or the lack of the French Language being spoken?
it's a moot point however, because those that are complaining would be upset if it was mostly French and the English language was spoken at all!
Cat
Old 02-16-2010, 06:23 AM

Alberta was fortunate to have all these great resources under its soil when the Provincial boundaries were drawn! Whoop tee doo! It's still a Province of Canada like all the others! That these resources currently power the world is but a historical note in time. Sooner rather than later these resources will disappear and Alberta will become a "have not" Province dependent on others to make it go. Even the great Ontario has crumbled in the past several years.

This is what is meant by living in glass houses!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 AM

I don't know why I get into these convos, but here goes.

Though the article makes us out to be a province up in arms over this, the truth is that most of us aren't. And a lot of us are as tireed of this sort of freakish whining as you are; It's the same people who get us on the news time and again.

But a headline that reads 'Hardline minority in Québec whines like a bunch or stupid b17ches' won't get as many readers. For a bunch of guys who complain about media biases, y'all are prime fodder for Québec-related articles.

Don't you guys have anything else to complain about? In the schoolyard, someone who yells about someone else this much usually has a crush on 'em.

I mean come on, you all secretly covet our women

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I don't know why I get into these convos, but here goes.

Though the article makes us out to be a province up in arms over this, the truth is that most of us aren't. And a lot of us are as tireed of this sort of freakish whining as you are; It's the same people who get us on the news time and again.

But a headline that reads 'Hardline minority in Québec whines like a bunch or stupid b17ches' won't get as many readers. For a bunch of guys who complain about media biases, y'all are prime fodder for Québec-related articles.

Don't you guys have anything else to complain about? In the schoolyard, someone who yells about someone else this much usually has a crush on 'em.

Hey, you guys are doing all the bitching and whining. , about things that don't matter a hill of beans in the big picture. We're just responding cause we're sick and tired of it. As for your women, they're vastly overrated, as well.
Grizz
Old 02-16-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Hey, you guys are doing all the bitching and whining. , about things that don't matter a hill of beans in the big picture.
You mean like http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=52088 ?

Or this thread, since we're at it?

I mean, I'm sorry for not taking this thread a little more seriously, but it's getting kind of... comedic.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
You mean like http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=52088 ?

Or this thread, since we're at it?

I mean, I'm sorry for not taking this thread a little more seriously, but it's getting kind of... comedic.

Difference between you and us, is that we express resentment on a personal level, while yours comes from your government. The only way Charest, the Liberal, formerly Progressive Conservative [ party ideologies don't seem to matter much in Canada, see Bob Rae , can hang onto power is by parroting Separatist lines, to the point could be Douceppe's replacement. I suspect the media was looking to stir the pot a little bit and as usual, asked the selective questions that would raise our hackles. Certainly, Charest's comments looked that way.
Grizz
Grizz
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Personally I wish they would collectively GROW SOME STONES, and hit the trail. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they know who is paying the freight. They sit back and whine, oh poor me, and threaten to go, WELL GO!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure you would not be missed, what?,you going to hold back maple syrup ooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Last edited by maxpower2506; 02-16-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2506 View Post
Personally I wish they would collectively GROW SOME STONES, and hit the trail. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they know who is paying the freight. They sit back and whine, oh poor me, and threaten to go, WELL GO!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure you would not be missed what? you going to hold back maple syrup ooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Hey, you can insult my province, my language and my women, but LAY OFF THE SYRUP, BUSTER!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Secretly!!

I'll shout it from my rooftop. French women rule!!!!!!

Just don't tell my wife I said that. We don't want to get her German panties in a knot.

But seriously folks. Why buy into the whining of a few media types looking to sell a story.

Quebec has legitimate grievances, so does Alberta, PEI, BC, Saskatchewan and all the others.
We can't build up our country by trying to tear it apart.

I am either part of the problem or part of the solution.
I prefer to be part of the solution.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Secretly!!

Just don't tell my wife I said that. We don't want to get her German panties in a knot.

But seriously folks. Why buy into the whining of a few media types looking to sell a story.

Quebec has legitimate grievances, so does Alberta, PEI, BC, Saskatchewan and all the others.

And what is the solution ?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Secretly!!

Shhhhhhhhhhh Haven't you caught on yet? Glen is the only one that posts here. The rest of us have moved on. Just leave him alone with his thread.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Gone Hunting

LOL I guess not. But then this is only the second day since I found this site.

I'll learn.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
A very good point ! could have them whining to themselves in English "what the ---- happened" our Country turned against us.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:11 PM

A better question is: WHY SHOULD THE WEST STAY?

For 100 years, Alberta and the West have been trying to become real members of Canada and true, equal partners in Confederation. These efforts have proved fruitless. It is time to move forward and protect Alberta's future. It is time to stop the financial and emotional drain caused by an incompetent, unresponsive political and bureaucratic nightmare called "Ottawa".

Economic Cost of Federation for Alberta, 1961 – Present
Alberta has, on a per capita basis, been Ottawa's largest single contributor. For example, between 1961 and 1992, Alberta paid $139 billion more to Ottawa than it received back from Ottawa. That is what it cost Albertans to be Canadian. *
And where did the money go? During that time frame, the province of Quebec, despite its large population and vibrant economy, was a net recipient of over $ 168 billion from Ottawa. Alberta was paying Quebec to be Canadian. *
* Source: Dr. Robert Mansell and Ronald Schlenker, "The Provincial Distribution of Federal Fiscal Balances," Canadian Business Economics 3:2 (Winter, 1995), 3-21
There are two net contributors to Ottawa: Alberta and Ontario. The difference is that Ontario gets a return on investment. They have a diversified economy with end use manufacturing. They also have a strong voice in federal policy. The Kyoto Accord would have adversely affected Alberta and Ontario, however, Ottawa exempted the Ontario Auto Industry from the Accord.
Last year Alberta sent $20 billion to Ottawa for equilization payments.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen d. View Post
The Kyoto Accord would have adversely affected Alberta and Ontario, however, Ottawa exempted the Ontario Auto Industry from the Accord.
Now be fair. Ottawa exempted everyone from the Kyoto Accord.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 AM

As it stands right now! We Are all Slaves, Your children will be Slaves, and their children will be slaves! I have often wondered where DEBT comes from. The Govt Prints Money, with canadian Pulp and paper, Sells it back to us with Debt attached to it???? For printing Paper? One of the major reasons we Broke with the UK was Un Fair Taxes. The INCOME TAX, Was made for ww11, And not to be over 5%. We now pay 30% +. And most people Think its all Good. Ya Canada is Great!
How Much income do we waste on Bilingualism? Billions? I'm Tired of working for," Those Less Fortunet. The East be Dammed, Time to Say good bye. Take your French with you on the way out. BYE BYE
karl Marx Would be Proud of our Nation!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
I have often wondered where DEBT comes from. The Govt Prints Money, with canadian Pulp and paper, Sells it back to us with Debt attached to it???? For printing Paper?
If it were only as simple as printing money. The debt comes from the gov't spending more money than they take from us in taxes. To really simplify it they can't print money without assets to back it up, so they borrow it, so we owe it and have debt.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Listen up .... their coming, they call them French agitators in N.B.

One of their methods is to break the law by getting a parking or speeding ticket as an excuse to demand all services in French with threats of court action if not adequately delivered. Recent examples are, forcing Moncton City Hall to provide French services in all departments, bilingual street signs in Saint John at the cost of thousands of dollars even though French is only 5% of the population. The city of Fredericton with 5 or 6% has bowed to the same demands as well as providing simultaneous translation at council meetings at a cost of thousands of dollars per year. (With all these trumped up demands for French services, it isn't hard to see that the number of jobs required to fill that demand will rise proportionately. Since we will only require one person who speaks both languages to fill the position, the French bilingual speaker will "naturally" take the position and the unilingual English speaker will lose it, just like what happened to the Post Mistress in Pakenham).
Old 03-09-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen d. View Post
Listen up .... their coming, they call them French agitators in N.B.

One of their methods is to break the law by getting a parking or speeding ticket as an excuse to demand all services in French with threats of court action if not adequately delivered. Recent examples are, forcing Moncton City Hall to provide French services in all departments, bilingual street signs in Saint John at the cost of thousands of dollars even though French is only 5% of the population. The city of Fredericton with 5 or 6% has bowed to the same demands as well as providing simultaneous translation at council meetings at a cost of thousands of dollars per year. (With all these trumped up demands for French services, it isn't hard to see that the number of jobs required to fill that demand will rise proportionately. Since we will only require one person who speaks both languages to fill the position, the French bilingual speaker will "naturally" take the position and the unilingual English speaker will lose it, just like what happened to the Post Mistress in Pakenham).
Okay, whoah now. You're talking pure gas. New Brunswick is an officially bilingual province. On top of it, Moncton is an officially bilingual city, where only 65% or so of the population is Anglo. The stuff you're referring to won't happen in Alberta because you don't have the same language points entrenched in your legislation. The fact is that NB itself is a *lot* more than 5% Franco. There's nothing trumped-up going on there. Think about what you're reading before you turn around and post about it.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:57 PM

That is my point also, NB is bilingual not like Quebec which is officially French speaking only; for now?
But the agenda is .... and will continue as it has since the establishment of the University of Moncton to eventually make New Brunswick a French province emulating Quebec where the English language is all but outlawed.
Closed Thread