You know of the Widow's son??
Cat
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
Yes.
(I'm the curious type and I had a friend who indulged my questions.)

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

hopefully not all of your questions or he was no friend of mine.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:57 PM

I used to know one, very smart buisness man but passed away from cancer a few years ago
Old 02-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
I could do, but this is on the square
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertslake View Post
I could do, but this is on the square
of course, one finds in life that not everyone in life is on the level .
Cat
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM

My pops is, I always bugged him, said it was like the flintsones. I asked him if they had a grand Puba!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 PM

My mom was helped immensely by the Shriner's in Winnipeg! Spent the first 5 years of her life in that hospital. Never got to meet my Grandpa, but was always told he was a terrific man If it weren't for the FM's, mom wouldn't have been able to walk at all!

On another note, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be a man to join the fraternity??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
Definitely.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmum View Post
On another note, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be a man to join the fraternity??
Not entirely.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry_and_women

But, I was being a little tongue-in-cheek when I answered that way. I had a friend who told me a lot about it, after I pestered him relentlessly.

And then I had a lunch meeting with the grand puba, and tried to make the case why women should be allowed in his organization. Anyway, they were quite entertained, especially when I asked whether I would qualify if I had a sex change and all the right parts.
Eventually, after much discussion, they figured if it looked like a man, walked like a man and talked like a man... that would probably be good enough.

And of course, I could not help myself and asked if I could just wear a strap-on to the meetings and they figured maybe in Ontario, but that just wouldn't fly in the prairies.

All in all, a good time was had by all exploring the possibilities.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 PM

Eastern Star is the female side of the Fraternity.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Not entirely.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry_and_women

But, I was being a little tongue-in-cheek when I answered that way. I had a friend who told me a lot about it, after I pestered him relentlessly.

And then I had a lunch meeting with the grand puba, and tried to make the case why women should be allowed in his organization. Anyway, they were quite entertained, especially when I asked whether I would qualify if I had a sex change and all the right parts.
Eventually, after much discussion, they figured if it looked like a man, walked like a man and talked like a man... that would probably be good enough.

And of course, I could not help myself and asked if I could just wear a strap-on to the meetings and they figured maybe in Ontario, but that just wouldn't fly in the prairies.

All in all, a good time was had by all exploring the possibilities.
If a person went to all the rouble of a sex change just to become a Free mason, I fear they would be doing it for the wrong reasons.

it is a not a club, after all.....
Cat
Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 PM

Pretty sure no one would actually do that.

BUT, what if someone had because they were truly transgender? And then happened to be asked to join? Then what? Would their history matter if it were known?

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 02-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

I see you don't mind stirring up the poop every once in a while.. that was funny
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 PM

A few years ago at a social gathering I remember watching someone I know to be a freemason smoking a fat joint and then talking about the 'brotherhood'. This person I mention sure knew what he was talking about too. He didn't try to recruit anyone but he did think he was somehow special.

Question to any 'member' of freemasons or others:
Do you think the freemasons are losing their clout and duty to this arcanum society because of alcohol and drugs?

This fellow made me think the freemasons may be just as corrupt as the rest of society, and not so special.

I know there is good causes amongst most members of any group of people but nobody is better than anyone else or better because of secret knowledge.

I laugh at it all... because the only secret you have to know in life is that all paths lead to the grave. No matter who you think you, how grand poobah you are, it all goes back to the earth. One day we all will be the dirt under our feet.

Last edited by Red Bullets; 02-03-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmum View Post
My mom was helped immensely by the Shriner's in Winnipeg! Spent the first 5 years of her life in that hospital. Never got to meet my Grandpa, but was always told he was a terrific man If it weren't for the FM's, mom wouldn't have been able to walk at all!

Yes you do. There is an organization for women but your father / husband / brother must be a mason for you to be allowed to join. I have heard of the occasional Lodge (mostly in Europe) allowing women in but for all purposes you must be a man. Sorry, but that is just the way it is. Glad to hear about your experience with the Shriners. They truly do great things.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
Any freemasons on the board?
LOTS , thats why their all Torys , no matter how many times the Torys scew us.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
LOTS , thats why their all Torys , no matter how many times the Torys scew us.
Funny, i am not a tory. Somehow seems an organization dedicated to honesty, self improvement and taking good men and making them better would be the opposite of the PC party IMO. Besides talk of politics and religion are expressly forbidden in Lodge.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 AM

I am on the level here too. I am also a shriner, it makes my heart feel good helping children learn to walk again and to help them with their burn treatment!!

Goose
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM

AF&AM here.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:41 AM

So, is it really a secret society, dedicated to world domination ?

Grizz
Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Besides talk of politics and religion are expressly forbidden in Lodge.
Interesting,,not understanding the religious scenario found me not following through with pledge years ago. Grandfather was, but passed on before I was mature enough to discuss anything at all related.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Banned

a repost from another thread.

Originally Posted by catnthehat
The Masons donate over $1.5 million dollars each day to various charities, and none of it is openly advertised outside of the Masonic organization.
Cat

brother cat,,, you know the stairs to that chamber, well in that chamber is the box of good measure,,, sadly the box of good measure will be holding cat for the duration of the next meeting after which you will be required to sing the final libretto from gilbert and sullivans operetta "the hms pinafore". the lodge meeting (after the box of good measure meeting) we will expect you to bring two loaves of banana bread (and less walnuts this time as they are hell on my dentures) and a cadbury bar for brother lewis as you know his aversion to bananas even in a loafed cube form. have you knitted the mittens from your last punishment of devulging our secrets?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM

AF&AM of Edmonton No. 7
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Hmmm maybe that's what this ring is.......
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
This was the original question. How did this thread turn into a religion class. While I can appreciate peoples religious veiws, we've strayed way off topic here. In lodge we don't talk about religion or politics, in fact it's forbidden. You have to have a belief in a higher being to be a mason.... if you do, you've met that part of the requirement to be considered for entrance into freemasonry. If we need to talk about religion as it relates to freemasonry, lets start another thread. Freemasonry is not a religion it's a fraternity that helps people not a religious organization.