Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Banned

Arrow heavy for cal factory ammo chart

I built one for fun. Who can post it for me? It's all hornady since they seem to get heavy for cal better than anyone else. Compares all the long time big game standards we know and love against the kids on block. Distances, recoil energy etc. One caveat is that I had to use load data tables to get a typical powder amount for the recoil energy calculations but that's the only outside data used. I used Calgary atmospheric in the hornady ballistic calculator. I will pm someone my number then can text a snap of chart for someone who can post.

The entire chart uses the heaviest for cal eld-m or eld-x you can buy off the shelf. Including 338 lapua magnum and 224 Valkyrie.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:41 PM

Post it up buttercup. Lets get this cartridge comparison party started
Old 11-29-2018, 08:08 PM

Uh oh, this is gonna go some where, just to keep a certain crowd quite.... take out the 6.5 creedmoor. They’re already going through threads left and right talking in circles.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:19 PM

I think before he posts it, everyone should include what their favorite most efficient bullet load stats are so that it is a list where everyone is satisfied that the chart accurately represents their personal opinion of the best cartridge at its finest. Each time a chart is listed, the author takes time to select the best representation of their cartridge, and then quickly dumps in a bunch of chaff for everything else.

Heres my favorite load for long range

308 win. 168gr accubond long range. 46.0gr varget 2840fps BCG1 0.525 BCG7 0.265 SD 0.253
Old 11-29-2018, 08:55 PM

I just have 65 gr hornady loaded for my .243 and went to Nosler for all other rifles. I do have more v max and BTHP to load up for my long range .308 but still developing a load. I’m curious though, Hornady still makes a good bullet.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Banned

Lol I can't post pics...who can?

I texted the helpful cat who posted my moose pics for me...will see if he can post the chart

It's straight up data, not meant to cause a commotion, it shouldn't...

Inclund had great charts but some mix of factory vs hand loads...this 100% factory on factory spec from one manufacturer

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 11-29-2018 at 09:04 PM.