Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 10:01 PM

Default Catch and Cook Fire Roasted Rockfish

Catch and Cook Blue Rockfish over and open fire on a green Alder stick. Come along with us as we are on another EPIC ADVENTURE out on Vancouver Island in the town of Ucluelet fishing Barkley Sound. While fishing for salmon we caught a few of these Pelagic Rockfish and decided to keep some for dinner. The kids really wanted to do a catch and cook. Or maybe that was my idea and they seconded it quite easily. It was actually a lot of fun doing this and I think I am going to try to do this more often. For some reason people really seem to like these Fishing / Cooking episodes. So here it is, the First one in a long time.

We found this great Cabin for the Family just outside of town with a beutiful setting in the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOaK5IiqeE

I posted the pics earlier on another post.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 07-10-2020, 07:01 AM

Now that's a real shore meal. Best part was watching the kids devour the morsels especially the youngest one, she couldn't seem to get enough. Of course your play by play and commentary was spot on. Thanks for the morning smile
Old 07-10-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Now that's a real shore meal. Best part was watching the kids devour the morsels especially the youngest one, she couldn't seem to get enough. Of course your play by play and commentary was spot on. Thanks for the morning smile
Thanks, the kids are growing up. They become more entertaining with time. I'm glad they enjoy coming out.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures

Last edited by Brandonkop; 07-10-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:59 AM

Cool Video.

Love the last part, one kid eating an eyeball and the youngest one goes for the head at the end … lol

These kids have been raised properly. They know where their food comes from and do not have any pre-conceived notions of what's food and what's "gross".

In the old country, we would often whole roast lamb and pigs on a split. Came to Canada and that tradition continued. Had a friend over from school when I was a youngster and he was shocked and grossed out by the head ..... I remember laughing and grabbing an ear and eating it - the kid looked like he was about to run home.

I was going to go for the eyeball but decided he had enough. Good thing he was not around when my uncle and dad spit the skull open for some brains. He would have hurled.

Your kids are raised properly - kids needs to know and understand where food comes from and be a part of preparation. They are the next generation who will protect our hunting and fishing heritage.

Great video. You are doing us all, and our grandkids a big favor by posting this.

Thank-you.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Nice video Brandon. How were the cabins?
Good job on netting the springer in the background - the lunge!
Old 07-10-2020, 01:25 PM

that is so bad to tease us stuck in flat land. kids eating fish after hot dogs great job and as parents.