Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Banned

Default Firearms Legislation

Well I can't wait to see what common sense is going to come out of this illustrious government.

https://www.hilltimes.com/2018/03/12...rns-put/137000

Quote:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s angry response to a rural MP’s concerns raised at a recent national caucus meeting on the Hill over the government’s upcoming gun legislation did not go over well with some Liberal MPs who say it will have a “chilling” effect on their ability to speak candidly at the closed-door meetings.

According to Liberal MPs and insiders, Mr. Trudeau (Papineau, Que.) verbally “attacked” rookie Liberal MP T.J. Harvey (Tobique-Mactaquac, N.B.), chair of the Liberal rural caucus, during the Feb. 28 national caucus meeting on Parliament Hill. Mr. Harvey stood up to say that there was a “lack” of meaningful consultation with the caucus over the government’s upcoming gun control legislation.

“Justin was much too vitriolic and attacked him,” one Liberal MP, referring to Mr. Harvey, told The Hill Times, who spoke on condition of anonymity since the closed-door caucus meetings are confidential. “We’re also supposed to have the right to voice our opinion.”

This MP said the soon to be tabled gun legislation is “scaring the hell out of the Liberal caucus,” especially the ones representing rural ridings.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:36 AM

I wouldn't count on any common sense being used to draft new regulations. The new regulations will be no more than an attempt to appease some people's emotions.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Default Lots of Questions

I have alot of questions. Does this mean a semi auto nor handgun ban? Does this mean a return of the gun registry? Does it mean a gun system like the UK or Austrialia? This could mean many different things, sounds like none of them are good.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Banned

Hard to say.

Will be interesting to see what changes there are, and how they plan to implement the changes.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I have alot of questions. Does this mean a semi auto nor handgun ban? Does this mean a return of the gun registry? Does it mean a gun system like the UK or Austrialia? This could mean many different things, sounds like none of them are good.
The fact that some of the MPs don't agree , gives me the impression that it may involves some extreme changes.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The fact that some of the MPs don't agree , gives me the impression that it may involves some extreme changes.
That has me quite concerned as well.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM

Default I wish we had a 2nd Amendment

I wish we had something like the american 2nd Amendment. I hate having to fear for my favorite hobby every time there is a change of government. It makes being a firearms owner difficult. There are alot of firearms I would own if I wasnt fearful of changes in legislation.

I just wish we had some base line that we could count on and know that things beyond a certain point wouldnt change.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yep.

Buy or sell?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Banned

Some funny reading on the subject. Or is it. More pathetic than funny.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28111...ign=benshapiro

Quote:
Second Amendment advocates frequently point out that many gun control activists' focus on assault rifles is largely superficial. What distinguishes a regular semi-automatic rifle from an "assault-style" rifle often comes down to whether or not gun control activists believe it looks "scary."
In a tweet that perfectly demonstrated this often superficial approach to what guns Americans should or shouldn't be allowed to own, in the heat of the gun control push following the horrific Parkland shooting, gun control activist Moms Demand Action president Shannon Watts tweeted out an image of an intimidating looking gun that she noted can be purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse:
Its a Ruger Precision Rimfire.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Yep.

Buy or sell?
Lol. Always buy. After the last go around I don't think people are going to be as complacent this time. I don't think the feds got the balls to come into anyone's home to çonfiscate a firearm just because someone owns one.

Last edited by Norwest Alta; 03-12-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't count on any common sense being used to draft new regulations. The new regulations will be no more than an attempt to appease some people's emotions.
Exactly, like 99% of our governments Prov/Fed useless decisions!

Amazing what politicians will do to get votes!! Such FLAKES!!