Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Default "Tennis" Elbow

Anyone else have it, or dealt with it in the past? I hurt my elbow a while back around November and I don't even recall when it happened, but it has flared up again. I went to the Dr and he tells me I have "tennis" elbow, so today was my first physio appt. I know when it was first injured I had a few nights where I woke up in the night with the pain, but it had felt better until the recent flare up. Looking it up on the internet the potential range of time for the injury to heal isn't encouraging. Just curious what anyone else may have experienced with the same injury?

Last edited by Duk Dog; 01-06-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 PM

I think I have the same thing. Elbow sore and pain runs up to my shoulder and also my hand; I also have lost grip strength. It has been this way since Aug. but seems to be getting better. I started shooting a longbow last winter and not sure if this was the cause as it sure hurt to shoot it now.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:39 PM

I am fortunate enough to have experience with this also. mine was caused by the plethoria of walleye in PCR this summer. Its finally starting to get better, but I was off work for 6 weeks this fall too still flares up sometimes when I work too hard, but I try and avoid that cause as much as possible
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00068

http://www.tennis-elbow.net/tenniselbow.htm

Bit of a description of it at the above links. At times it hurts from a simple handshake or from picking up a Nalgene water bottle. It is a frustrating one.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM

I have had it on and off in both arms.Taking glucosamine and getting some physio virtually eliminated the problem.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Have it. Stretching, physio and targeting specific muscles helps. Check out "the super 7".
Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Default elbow

I have had it last over a year you can buy a tensor bandage apply presure on lower forearm and it relieves the presure
Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
Just curious what anyone else may have experienced with the same injury?
There are at least three regular posters in the fishing forum who are dealing with it right now, I think.

I'm one of them.

I'm 90% healed . . . after several months of trying everything but physio, I started physio. It took four appointments to get me where I am now (with the most significant progress being made after the second appointment).

The specific treatment regime that worked was as follows:
• Massage (of the muscle)
• Acupuncture (of the muscle)
• Friction (of the elbow joint)
• Stretching (of the muscle)
• Heat (on the muscle)
• Ice (on the elbow)
• Brace (on the muscle)
• Diclofenac Gel (on the elbow)

I attended one appointment a week. Cost $310 and worth every penny. I don't go back to physio unless I make it worse again.

I now have to do stretching and muscle strengthening exercises.

I would strongly suggest just going to physio . . . it'll work better than anything else. Don't waste any more time hoping it will heal on it's own . . . it won't.

EDIT: I should add that my physiotherapist is well rounded "Sports Physiotherapist" who employs a vast array of treatment techniques.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 AM

It can be a real BEAR.

Rest and limiting movement with a tensor bandage helped.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Two sessions of physio in the books so far. Boy does some of that ever get your attention! Now to make sure I keep up with my exercises, and some more physio.