Default Bang Wars in Olds

Well guys, I guess you asked for it.
http://www.mountainviewgazette.ca/news2.html

http://www.mountainviewgazette.ca/news1.html
Grizz
Old 09-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I am a member and I don't understand your comment. Are you a member? If you are, have you heard the gravel trucks and quarry machinery? These are louder than almost anyhing that is shot there and it is around all day everyday.
I think a few folks got into a pizzing match and this is the result. Either way I don't think I will renew next year. I may not bring alot of cash into their economy but I try to fill my truck and grab a bite to eat when I roll thru to help out the local economy. I'll not put my cash where I'm not wanted.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM

I think its an issue of locals used to use the range and it was a small little club but now membership has ballooned and mostly from out of the area and thats got a few feathers ruffelled,
Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrude1 View Post
I think its an issue of locals used to use the range and it was a small little club but now membership has ballooned and mostly from out of the area and thats got a few feathers ruffelled,
I used to be a member, when it first began, but it's too much hassle and expensive to bother with now. Besides that, it's an eyesore. Anybody who doubts that, check out the Rocky range. You can't turn a corner grocery store into a supermarket, without push back, and that's what's happening. There were complaints of people shooting before sunrise and after dark. Now that council has been forced into some sort of action, the problems with this one range are going to dictate a course of action for the other three ranges, in the County , as well. In the end, the MVCM are gonna lose, which I see as really too bad.
Grizz
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 PM

So does anyone have contact info for Rocky?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 AM

The local membership used to take care of the upkeep of the club but since the takeover, that won't happen any more. It's too bad as it was a great place to go and a cheap club to belong to for handgun requirements.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Default rocky gun club

http://rockygunclub.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
So does anyone have contact info for Rocky?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I used to be a member, when it first began, but it's too much hassle and expensive to bother with now. Grizz
I am confused as to how you figure the membership fee of $50.00 at MVMA is too expensive, yet the yearly membership at Rocky at $75.00 is cheaper????? But if you are happy at Rocky that is great!!

I think it is also a real shame that in an age where firearms owners are an endangered species, some of the old members are trying to help "poison the well" so to speak.

If the MVMA range does get closed down, it will just further the demands on any other range in the area within reasonable driving distance.
This additional burden of membership will have the same effect on any club.

Recently the CFC has been making life difficult for owners of restricted firearms who do not have club affiliation, basically trying to force owners who may not have time to shoot to dispose of their firearms or join a club in order to retain them. If all the clubs cap membership alot of folks will be put into the postion of having to dispose of their guns, which plays nicely into the antiguns masterplan.

I think that the past executive who opted to yak to the press have done a MAJOR disservice to the MVMA AND the local gun culture in general.
This petty shooting each other in the foot does nothing to help anyone except those who are trying to disarm us all.

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range
Old 09-18-2009, 10:24 PM

What do you mean by eyesore? When were you there last? I thought the new sheds with concrete benches etc. were a pretty good improvement. Why would you knock a local range that you can drive to in 10-15 minutes? There are some issues with too many members etc., but I don't think that pushing the Rocky range is any way to help. Always easier to b*#$% on the computer than actually try and help though I guess!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
" . . . This petty shooting each other in the foot does nothing to help anyone except those who are trying to disarm us all."
x2!

GW