Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-06-2019, 09:28 AM

Default Chiappa Little Badger

Curious if anyone has any insight into this gun. Did a quick search here and not much mention of it.
Contemplating one for my son.

Thanks

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."
Old 04-06-2019, 09:50 AM

Are you looking for a gun to teach him on? If that's the case I would advise against it. Though it is a trim little rig it is not comfortable to shoot. there is no real place for cheekweld and likewise for the grip. For a neat packing rifle it's great but for a youngster to learn on there is way better options

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 04-06-2019, 10:10 AM

He already has a rifle he’s been practicing on. Just thinking of different options.

I like the points you brought up. I definitely have to weigh those

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."
Old 04-06-2019, 12:04 PM

They are designed for one thing, to be light and easy to pack. They are uncomfortable to shoot and you have to be a REALLY good shot to shoot any consistent groups, even at 25 yards. The trigger is heavy with lots of creep and the stock does not provide a firm or steady grip. Even as a survival rifle, the chance of missing the target is too high to make them a good choice. I returned the one I bought. There are many far better choices for a survival, pack type rifle, one is a 10/22 in take down or a Henry collapsible that would both be far better options.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
They are designed for one thing, to be light and easy to pack. They are uncomfortable to shoot and you have to be a REALLY good shot to shoot any consistent groups, even at 25 yards. The trigger is heavy with lots of creep and the stock does not provide a firm or steady grip. Even as a survival rifle, the chance of missing the target is too high to make them a good choice. I returned the one I bought. There are many far better choices for a survival, pack type rifle, one is a 10/22 in take down or a Henry collapsible that would both be far better options.
Apparently very popular with trappers for dispatching animals, I'm told.

Grizz
Old 04-06-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Apparently very popular with trappers for dispatching animals, I'm told.

Grizz
That I believe for sure. From 2 feet they would work just fine and they are compact. Also, you can't really ding them up or break them very easily.