Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-08-2015, 08:08 PM

Default Lease land

If there is no specific access conditions or lease holder conditions( this is on I hunter app ) does that mean it is not needed to call lease holder to get permission. Other lease have conditions and restrictions with contact numbers makes it simple
Old 11-08-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
If there is no specific access conditions or lease holder conditions( this is on I hunter app ) does that mean it is not needed to call lease holder to get permission. Other lease have conditions and restrictions with contact numbers makes it simple
You need to call for permission for all lease land. I, myself dont bother hunting lease lands.... its not worth it. Find some crown land or buck for wildlife land

Old 11-08-2015, 08:16 PM

Yes, there is a variety of conditions. Don't assume ihunter is correct. Use the ESRD website to find leased land. Pm me if you have any questions.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
Yes, there is a variety of conditions. Don't assume ihunter is correct. Use the ESRD website to find leased land. Pm me if you have any questions.
And if ESRD website doesn't have contact numbers and says " No recreational management plan, restrictions, prohibitions or terms and conditions of use have been established by a Local Settlement Officer or Director." It also says provide information when requested.

Last year I have sent a request for a different lease, which had a contact information - reply was that I don't have to as long as I follow the rules listed.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme hunter10 View Post
You need to call for permission for all lease land. I, myself dont bother hunting lease lands.... its not worth it. Find some crown land or buck for wildlife land
This is not correct

Check conditions
Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 PM

https://maps.srd.alberta.ca/RecAcces...ewer=RecAccess

use this website on a computer. will give you all the lease land in the province as well as all conditions required. some rec plans will say no management plan but will still include a phone number or email. always good to call anyways.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
This is not correct

Check conditions
Yes i am... lol. You always need permission. ALWAYS! but... im not going to tell you what to do... but... i will strongly suggest you call for permission. But... i wont tell you what to do

Old 11-08-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Sorry, you're incorrect in this.

Look at the ESRD website and/or iHunter app....read all the conditions. It's really simple. If no conditions exist/no management plan is in place, you are free to access the lease as you please.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwee6 View Post

Look at the ESRD website and/or iHunter app....read all the conditions. It's really simple. If no conditions exist/no management plan is in place, you are free to access the lease as you please.

Nope, you still need to get permission. Just because there's no conditions or management plan in place does NOT give you the right to access it without permission. Only the very few leases that are designated "no contact required" can be accessed without obtaining consent.

"Grazing Leases and Farm Development Leases are long-term tenures and require recreational users to contact the leaseholder prior to access"
Straight from the regs

~Jeff
Old 11-09-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffbridge View Post
Nope, you still need to get permission. Just because there's no conditions or management plan in place does NOT give you the right to access it without permission. Only the very few leases that are designated "no contact required" can be accessed without obtaining consent.

"Grazing Leases and Farm Development Leases are long-term tenures and require recreational users to contact the leaseholder prior to access"
Straight from the regs

~Jeff
This is correct and its scary if you think something different. No wonder there are so many stories of trespassing on here.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabighorn View Post
This is correct and its scary if you think something different. No wonder there are so many stories of trespassing on here.
Hypothetical....

1) ESRD shows no phone, email, Facebook, LinkdIn, etc etc etc to contact anyone to ask for permission.
2) iHunter (while a private app) also has no contact info of any kind for the lease holder. (side note: where do you think iHunter gets all their info and data from??)
3) In the "Conditions approved by the Minister" on the lease information form there is nothing.

Who are you supposed to contact about the lease?!

Maybe start here....
http://alberta.ca/premier/cabinet.cfm

Last edited by Fwee6; 11-09-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:

No... im not... but... you don't have to take my word for it. I won't tell you what to do.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes i am... lol. You always need permission. ALWAYS! but... im not going to tell you what to do... but... i will strongly suggest you call for permission. But... i wont tell you what to do
Quote:
No... im not... but... you don't have to take my word for it. I won't tell you what to do.
I hate to break it to you but you are incorrect. For instance this lease requires no contact. This is just one example. There is lots of lease land that you do not need to call for permission.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AccessConditions .pdf (189.6 KB, 118 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:

This maybe true....but I know of an area people access that isnlandlocked by private land and they trespass on the private land to access the lease, without asking permission from the landowners whose properties they cross.

LC
Old 11-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
This maybe true....but I know of an area people access that isnlandlocked by private land and they trespass on the private land to access the lease, without asking permission from the landowners whose properties they cross.

LC
That's a completely different thing, of which I agree with you.

However, when in the conditions of a lease it states no contact is required to access a specific lease, then....... no contact is required to access the lease.

This whole lease thing is actually really simple. Read the conditions on ESRD/iHunter, follow directions. No wonder lease managers go bonkers this time of year...
Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 AM

IMHO, No conditions means no conditions....regardless use respect and don't treat it as a free for all.

LC
Old 11-09-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
That's a completely different thing, of which I agree with you.

However, when in the conditions of a lease it states no contact is required to access a specific lease, then....... no contact is required to access the lease.

This whole lease thing is actually really simple. Read the conditions on ESRD/iHunter, follow directions. No wonder lease managers go bonkers this time of year...

Don't always go by what ihunter says. I had this experience this year. I found a lease with no contact required info and it turns out the guy wants to be notified. I'm sure he will be taking it up with esrd.
Thankfully he still allowed us to hunt. But under the lease holder in the app it says unknown. He wasn't impressed that the info was wrong.