Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 PM

Default Wmu 530

My Dad and I picked up some undersubscribed tags for 530. Unfortunately because of a number of events, not the least being disabled and having my driving license taken away I have not had a chance to go and scout out the area. I have never hunted the zone before and I am wondering what access is like up into the Firebag River area. I don't want any honey holes but if anyone is willing to point us to an area I would be very grateful.

Also is it worth getting a Mule Deer tag?

Thanks again for your help. And again I would like to thank the many people that have helped me in the past, especially down at Suffield. I should be getting my elk back anyday now.

Dan
Old 10-23-2013, 09:02 PM

Default No mule deer

I'd have to say no to the mule deer. Not many around , especially up that way. As for access , a pick up or even car can make it to the staging area. From there its a very good condition road to the Firebag bridge about 10 km or so?? Before u get to the bridge there is another road that turns off to the left in a northerly direction. Seems like a decent spot. Once you cross the river you are in an endless county. I have thought if hunting it n November by just haven't got around to it. Most roads/ trails are in really good shape due to being on the high ground mostly and being sand. Lots of whoops and what not from excessive traffic but its ok. It's great country for a side by side. Google earth is your friend . Pm me if you want more specifics such as trail maps campsite locations and hunting areas.

Good luck
Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 PM

[/Quote] Pm me if you want more specifics such as trail maps campsite locations and hunting areas.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Flight01 I will do that.

Dan