Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2024, 05:10 PM

Default Real estate agent Cgy Airdrie

Does anyone have recommendations for a good real estate agent in the Calgary/Airdrie area?
Old 05-23-2024, 05:45 PM

PM'd
Old 05-23-2024, 06:17 PM
AO Sponsor

A fellow name Jason Streich is fantastic! He has been a client of my business forever and I used him for selling my home in Airdire. His team are really attentive and on the ball whether buying or selling and would not hesitate to recommend him. I consider myself to be quite savvy when it comes to negotiation and preparation etc, and he came in, made a few recommendations and set me up with some pros and I am certain I made a good 15K more than I would have otherwise. I have referred people to him before for both buying and selling and every single one was more than pleased!

I do not recommend people easily because I am kind of tough to please and do not suffer fools easily, and zero hesitation about suggesting you contact him.

https://jasonstreich.com
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-23-2024, 07:13 PM

When we were selling our place in Calgary, we interviewed half a dozen real estate agents. All of them were happy to take the listing, only one was willing to do some work to make the sale happen. I don't know if she covers Airdrie or not, but give Sam Crick a call.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
only one was willing to do some work
Define, do some work.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:59 PM

When we sold our place in Calgary we used Tom Sherry at Done Right Realty.. We have sold a great many houses personally, more than 20, over the years and even more residential and commercial investment properties. I also dealt witha great many realtors in my daily business. Tom was the single best realtor I ever dealt with.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
PM'd

* sorry for the poor condition of his card, it's been in my wallet for a year now.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

If selling why not do it yourself?
Not too difficult and you can save a boat load of cash too.
Might be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-24-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
If selling why not do it yourself?
Not too difficult and you can save a boat load of cash too.
Might be worth checking out.

I’ve done both, honestly you really limit your buyers from what I’ve seen. So many people are uncomfortable buying a home privately, even though everything still goes through lawyers. Land is different, but a home is harder. Lots of low ballers that want to save the full commission on their end. If the market is hot, or it’s something you enjoy have at it. A good realtor is well worth it in my opinion. I can not recommend who as I’m not from the area.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I’ve done both, honestly you really limit your buyers from what I’ve seen. So many people are uncomfortable buying a home privately, even though everything still goes through lawyers. Land is different, but a home is harder. Lots of low ballers that want to save the full commission on their end. If the market is hot, or it’s something you enjoy have at it. A good realtor is well worth it in my opinion. I can not recommend who as I’m not from the area.

True, you gotta be comfortable, do your homework accordingly to market value etc and go from there.
The only time I used a realtor was when the realtors fee’s were paid by my employer. Other than that we did it on our own.

Old 05-24-2024, 12:06 PM

There are realtors, then there are realtors that know people in the industry and have contacts. I used one that worked realty on the side, but, worked for a propety managnement company and had contacts ready and willing to buy, no fuss, no muss, sold in 12hrs, did better than I thought I would on it.
Old 05-24-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsid1 View Post
Define, do some work.
She went through the house and yard pointing out all the areas that needed work to show better (her doing "some work" made a lot of work for me ). Some of it we knew but some of it we wouldn't have thought of. Even when asked directly for that kind of input, the other realtors just sat there with a blank (but pleasant) look.

She also helped stage the place to show. She provided furniture for rooms that we had already emptied.

ARG

Quote:
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-24-2024, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
She went through the house and yard pointing out all the areas that needed work to show better (her doing "some work" made a lot of work for me ). Some of it we knew but some of it we wouldn't have thought of. Even when asked directly for that kind of input, the other realtors just sat there with a blank (but pleasant) look.

She also helped stage the place to show. She provided furniture for rooms that we had already emptied.

ARG
Spot on. Tom Sherry sent a professional stager to stage the house, a couple of beefy guys to move stuff around for my wife, a guy to do the yard work for a couple of weeks becuase we were out of town, as well as a proffessional photograrpher to take stills and a high quality video for the online marketing. The house had 4 full price offers and sold well overr ask within 24 hours of the listing being released. There are very few realtors that put even half that amount of work into a listing and his commission structure is the same as all the others.
Old 05-24-2024, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Spot on. Tom Sherry sent a professional stager to stage the house, a couple of beefy guys to move stuff around for my wife, a guy to do the yard work for a couple of weeks becuase we were out of town, as well as a proffessional photograrpher to take stills and a high quality video for the online marketing. The house had 4 full price offers and sold well overr ask within 24 hours of the listing being released. There are very few realtors that put even half that amount of work into a listing and his commission structure is the same as all the others.
The glossy brochure they put together was beautiful... after looking at it I told my wife we should buy the place.

ARG

Quote:
Old 05-25-2024, 02:29 PM

Should have mentioned, I am looking to buy.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass View Post
Give Colin a call, you won't be disappointed... He knows the city very well, and has listings of his own.

Old 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM

Well that eliminated 50% of the posts

Old 05-25-2024, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass View Post
Got to figure that the agent who goes above and beyond selling will do the same for a buyer. It is the same skill set. You are looking for someone who cares as much or more about the client as lining their own pockets.