Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2023, 10:18 AM

Default Tofolli trade

Cmon guys this is big. Last season he turned into one the fan favourites. Good trade? I think it’s good that they may be going all in for once on a fresh youthful core instead of mediocre mix of vets and spring chickens. Might as well go fresh fresh if you’re gonna go fresh at all……
Old 06-28-2023, 10:44 AM

Good trade who’s next,

Conroy will be lucky to be employed for two years, if I was Jerome I’d run for the hills.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:07 AM

He’s rebuilding. Whilst providing minimal seats enegertainment.

WhT else can he do?

Soooo many guys want out ….

….. since #webrokedaflames…….
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-28-2023, 11:14 AM

Agreed, Connie knowingly walked into this mess, I would really like to keep Lindholm as he is one of the elite 200 ft players in the league and the new look younger team will need a few vets to teach them how to be a pro. But those fans asking for a complete tear down can't then whine for the next four years when the team is getting beat up. Not sure how you go from winning the division handily with the coach of the year two years ago to where we are now but as long as the effort is there each night then I'm good, Also like the Huska move he has really paid his dues to earn the job, not some old rehashed former glory hound
Old 06-28-2023, 11:22 AM

I think Conroy did well all things considered. Handing out term to high dollar 31 yr olds, when you are not in a realistic place where you can challenge for a cup, is the kiss of death.

Sharangovich is a good young player who may blossom given the chance.

Get everyone out who wants out.

Everyone.

You ever work in a toxic atmosphere with people who hate their job?

No fun.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:03 PM

In all honesty, I know very little about Sharangovich. He's young and seems to be making a place for himself in the league, so that's good.

He's an RFA and from Belarus. Normally, I'd think that would make him a flight risk back to the KHL, but with the war I don't think a lot of players would consider going back. This will limit his bargaining power.

Tofolli's a slow player with a great shot. He was a good player in his time in Calgary but I think that he will be in decline in a year or two. I say that the Flames were wise to trade Tofolli while his value is high. As with most trades, it takes a couple of years to determine the outcome.

Almost forgot. The Flames should be getting some cap space out of this.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:27 PM

As a devils fan, I like the trade. I am not sure what happened to Sharo last season. It was a combination of being streaky and with ruff as a coach, I was not sure if he trusted his game play anymore. It was hard for Sharo to get going when he was bounced around on lines, limited ice time and being healthy scratches.

Maybe this is what Sharo needed. A new start. I wish him all the best.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 06-28-2023, 09:57 PM

A lot of fans seem to dislike the trade. Myself I am quite happy with it. A young center that can shoot the puck, skate and has upside by the sounds of it. Saving a bit of cap room and replenished their 3rd round pick that they didn’t have.

On a more concerning note, with a returning player instead of a prospect or pick this makes me think they aren’t going to rebuild and try to patch things which worries me.

Let’s see what happens with the rest of the upcoming free agents!