Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2017, 08:26 AM

Default UN "Peacekeepers" ran Child sex operation in Haiti

The UN just announced that they were ending their peace keeping operation in Haiti and turning security over to policing agencies. Interesting timing that this just came out now. Nothing really new here though, they just don't want to talk about it. the Ukrainians were sent home from Bosnia, in disgrace, for their criminal behavior. Just another reason we don't want to be associated with this organization.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...o-arrests.html

Grizz
Old 04-15-2017, 08:41 AM

What a disgrace, all of them should be shot. Nothing will ever come of this.
With these people it doesn't surprise me.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:52 AM

thats just messed up!
Old 04-15-2017, 09:06 AM

Just more corruption from the UN. The entire organization should be disbanded.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Banned

Not anything new unfortunately.

A family member who is a city police officer went on a tour of duty with the UN (in Africa) and witnessed 1st hand horrors he prefers not to speak of.

He came back a different person and had his eyes opened wide to the deception of the media that managed to pull at his heart strings and convinced him to go over and try to make a difference.

The only difference he saw was the difference of what's shown on the evening "NEWS" and what is actually going on on the ground.

He will not be giving up any more of his time to those deceptive snakes.

Disband the globalist front group commonly known as the UN...the sooner the better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-147.jpeg (7.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 3e70c20ea710b93ebf3c837b01cecf29.jpg (61.2 KB, 82 views)
Old 04-15-2017, 09:51 AM

This was not a UN directive people,, this was individuals who happened to be UN peacekeepers.
What some here are insinuating is a slap in the face too every service person on this board and elsewhere who has been deployed under thee UN and I for one take exception to that.

Cat
Old 04-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
This was not a UN directive people,, this was individuals who happened to be UN peacekeepers.
What some here are insinuating is a slap in the face too every service person on this board and elsewhere who has been deployed under thee UN and I for one take exception to that.

Cat
Understood and agreed.

But remember when you take offence it was you who took it, no offence was intended or offered, that's why it's called "taking offence", because the taker took it.

My family member felt is was a slap in his face being ordered to do things he never would have signed up for.

With all due respect.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post

Cat
Agreed in spades. Not exactly the kind of PR they need though. Like it or not, people generalize, somebody should have acted decisively. Lot of the messy stuff that happens is because of poor policy directives and lack of direction from the politicians. Siege of Jadotville was a good example of peacekeepers being left out to hang. Good movie and accurate. One just has to recall General Leblancs experience in Rwanda and peacekeepers, Canadian among them, watch the Balkan massacre, because of the rules of engagement didn't allow them to act. Just one more black eye in the big scheme of things.
Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 04-15-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:23 AM

I don't see condemning the people responsible, as condemning our armed forces. The fact is that the people that took part in this were representing the UN, so the UN should ensure that those involved are all held accountable. If the UN refuses to do that, or are not capable of doing that, then that shows that the UN is not the type of organization that Canada should be associated with. This is no different than any police force refusing to deal with officers that break the law. All officers should not be blamed for the actions of a few, but if the force protects the officers, or refuses to hold them accountable, then the force loses respect.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

Sorry, as disgusting as it is, it's old hat. This sort of thing has been going on for decades.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:35 PM

not really a shocker. get a bunch of 'soldiers' from craphole countries who brutalize their own people and expect them to help some of the most vunerable people on the planet.

what could go wrong.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:23 PM

Canadian peacekeepers have not been entirely innocent on this front either.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle29036300/

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...cekeepers.html

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-15-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
Canadian peacekeepers have not been entirely innocent on this front either.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle29036300/

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...cekeepers.html
There are grease balls in every country and in every uniform. but i would not compare a few Dbags in CadPat to the prolific abuse involving the miliatry personal mentioned in the article
Old 04-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Banned

There's losers all throughout society, not just UN, here's a novel idea, how about make a post about the millions of people they help, instead of focusing on a small number of freaks. There are maggots that do this type of thing, everywhere, to the individuals commiting these crimes I say whack'em and stack'em!
Old 04-15-2017, 02:59 PM

Yes some Canadian peacekeepers have made a mistakes. BUT not like this.
so don't drag us into or compare us to this. Lets keep the focus on the post and those who comitted this horrific act.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Caliber View Post
Yes some Canadian peacekeepers have made a mistakes. BUT not like this.
so don't drag us into or compare us to this. Lets keep the focus on the post and those who comitted this horrific act.
Wilful and predatory acts are not "mistakes" my friend.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Banned

Why anyone would want to be associated with a bunch of recidivist baby touchers is beyond me. Canada should cease all connections with this sick organization of perverts and dictators.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:36 PM

There is rot all over in the UN. It all needs to go.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 04-16-2017, 12:10 PM

Back in our Balkan days there were similar issues within the Turk and Jordanian lines. Additionally, there were several assaults of female UN troops from these same nations. I don't recall much happening to those guys either.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Wilful and predatory acts are not "mistakes" my friend.
OH ok oh wise one!!You can not blame the whole Canadian Peacekeepers for a "few bad apples" actions.
What "wilful and predatory acts" did our Canadian peace keepers comitt?
IS Canada guilty of this crime in this thread?
Then WHY mention Canada?
If one hunter from a Country poaches does that make all hunters guilty?

I am refering to this thread only, and ONLY this thread, nothing in what the op mentioned involved Canadian peacekeepers. Since Canada was not mentioned at all in the "UN Peacekeepers ran child sex ring....". ALL i'm asking is not to compare us to them, unless it is proven that Canada is involved. That is all.
Where 's the harm in that???

Like I said before and I will say it again. Let's Return the focus on those guilty of this horrific Crime. Since Canada has NOT been mentioned at all WHY drag us into this!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Viking Caliber; 04-16-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 04-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
OH ok oh wise one!!You can not blame the whole Canadian Peacekeepers for a "few bad apples" actions.
Then WHY mention Canada?

I am refering to this thread only, and ONLY this thread, nothing in what the op mentioned involved Canadian peacekeepers. Since Canada was not mentioned at all in the "UN Peacekeepers ran child sex ring....". ALL i'm asking is not to compare us to them, unless it is proven that Canada is involved. That is all.

Like I said before and I will say it again. Let's Return the focus on those guilty of this horrific Crime. Since Canada has NOT been mentioned at all WHY drag us into this!!!!!!!!!

Sorry (not sorry) if this offends you, but if you have ever volunteered to be a part of the UN in any capacity, my respect for you is non-existent.

In regards to the situation, I am not surprised to hear this, as it is not the first time. Whether Canadians were involved is beside the point.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then WHY mention Canada?

Wow, and here I thought that I tend to over-react some times...
No nation can claim to be perfect, including Canada. Exposing certain citizens for what they are doesn't make our nation lesser.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:15 PM

Default Focus on this thread

I meant to use the term "mistake" loosely. If Canadian Peacekeepers have been found guilty of something I will not defend them. We all probably have heard of something that the Canadians did. I will only defend Canadian Peacekeepers if they ARE innocent of something, like what is mentioned in this thread.

focusing on this thread.
Since this was not one of them so please don't "drag us" into this discussion.
Canada was not mentioned in the sex ring, at all. there fore we should not drag countries that were not involved and focus on the ones that are. There is Seven countries named so far and Canada is not one of them.

This is the link where I found the named countries

Old 04-16-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Sorry (not sorry) if this offends you, but if you have ever volunteered to be a part of the UN in any capacity, my respect for you is non-existent.

In regards to the situation, I am not surprised to hear this, as it is not the first time. Whether Canadians were involved is beside the point.

Yes twice. Have you?
Old 04-17-2017, 07:01 AM

The un defiantly needs to be restructured. A lot of soldiers come from brutal countries and they never saw peace in their life's and they themselves are a product of this (not all of course). They do not belong as peace keepers but there country gets money for sending them. Read the book shaking hands with devil some of those soldiers sent to Ruwanda just had the clothes on their back no supplies at all and barley any training.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I meant to use the term "mistake" loosely. If Canadian Peacekeepers have been found guilty of something I will not defend them. We all probably have heard of something that the Canadians did. I will only defend Canadian Peacekeepers if they ARE innocent of something, like what is mentioned in this thread.

focusing on this thread.
Since this was not one of them so please don't "drag us" into this discussion.
Canada was not mentioned in the sex ring, at all. there fore we should not drag countries that were not involved and focus on the ones that are. There is Seven countries named so far and Canada is not one of them.

This is the link where I found the named countries

Sorry you don't get to dictate where discussion goes.

Some people were getting pretty high and mighty and looking down their long noses at the peacekeepers of other countries. Yet it is clear even Canada that vaunted paragon of virtue has sent some douche bags there as well. Not as many as Siri Lanka apparently but misdeeds are not diminished simply because they lack scale.

Perhaps the point is that the UN creates a structure which makes it enticing and possible to engage in aberrant behaviour while overseas.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 AM

The issue is less to do with the individual scumballs or even the UN. It's the countries that refuse to discipline or charge their own troops. They just bring them home and hush things up. And Canada did too. Even the Somalia scum only got wrist slaps, and wouldn't have even gotten that if the CBC hadn't uncovered the scandal..

And frankly, Canada, the US, and most countries will NEVER let their troops be charged in the country they are serving in, unless it's a stable, reliable ally.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes twice. Have you?
You are arguing with trolls who'll voice their opinion on anything despite not knowing a darned thing about the issue. Don't waste your time.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You are arguing with trolls who'll voice their opinion on anything despite not knowing a darned thing about the issue. Don't waste your time.
X2!

The UN is pretty much useless. Congo is the longest-running and most expensive UN "peace"-keeping mission in history, with no end in sight. 4.5 million dead now, I think?
Congo, Biafra, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Western Sahara, Somalia, Rwanda, Haiti, East Timor, South Sudan, Darfur et al...
Can anyone suggest any UN successes?

Newview01: what makes you think your respect has any value and is something one should aspire to have? As one who spent a good part of his life as one of Orwell's "rough men" (People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf) I'd much prefer the respect of Viking Caliber, HunterDave and the like. At least we tried to make a difference.

UNPROFOR/IFOR/SFOR/OEF/OIF/ISAF
durka durka mohammed jihad
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gill View Post
X2!

The UN is pretty much useless. Congo is the longest-running and most expensive UN "peace"-keeping mission in history, with no end in sight. 4.5 million dead now, I think?
Congo, Biafra, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Western Sahara, Somalia, Rwanda, Haiti, East Timor, South Sudan, Darfur et al...
Can anyone suggest any UN successes?

Newview01: what makes you think your respect has any value and is something one should aspire to have? As one who spent a good part of his life as one of Orwell's "rough men" (People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf) I'd much prefer the respect of Viking Caliber, HunterDave and the like. At least we tried to make a difference.

UNPROFOR/IFOR/SFOR/OEF/OIF/ISAF
durka durka mohammed jihad
Sorry but I don't compare UN peacekeepers to the "rough men" Orwell describes. Maybe the soldiers of the Ministry of Truth.

I have the utmost respect for people in the armed forces.

I have no respect for the UN.

Whether you value my respect or not is up to you.