Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2018, 01:03 PM

Thumbs up Get R done-Redwater businessman frustrated with crime uses Facebook to track down stolen items

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...n-stolen-items

Old 07-30-2018, 01:14 PM

"The men charged were known to police."

You don't say.

Time to bring back the work gangs, let them pick weeds, pick garbage, scrub graffiti, make license plates, dig graves, etc.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:28 PM

I was reading up on the police pursuit in Calgary two days ago that terminated by The Ranchman's on Macleod Trail. The tactical team "initiated intentional vehicle contact" to get the perps to stop due to how badly they were driving in their futile attempt to escape (sidewalks, against traffic on roadways, etc) and one officer wound up discharging their firearm but didn't wound or kill either 'suspect'. I googled the name of one of the perps and got the recent news reports, but also some from last year also involving a stolen vehicle and a police chase...... One wonders if the degenerate is being kept in custody this time of if the judge has some 'splainin to do by spinning up the revolving door for this criminal yet again.....

I was just leaving Cabela's when the tac team vehicles were leaving the adjacent district office, the Chev/GMC van with the aftermarket side windows looked a bit different to me and then I saw the same van pictured in the article pinning the stolen F150.

https://calgarysun.com/news/crime/so...ealing-thieves

Same guy last fall:

https://okotoksonline.com/local/high...or-truck-theft

Last edited by CaberTosser; 07-30-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:39 PM

Our motor home was stolen saturday night and was found last night because of facebook. The crackhead maggot thief is now in jail, and the cop told us last night at 3 am when we went to recover the unit that the motor home charge of theft over 5 thousand and whatever else goes along is the least of the dirtbags problems. Hope he rots in that cell. Turned our motor home into a crackshack full of stolen tools, generators, crackpipes, food everywhere, the dirtbag even had pictures of his kids stapled to the walls and a shaving kit in the bathroom etc within under 24 hrs of having it, disgrace. Should have seen all the other stolen stuff in this maggots yard, people like him should be taken behind the barn and shot. Thanks to the police who already had this waste if skin on their radar, they were able to get a warrant and put the maggot behind bars very promptly, just hope the judge deals with him accordingly, thieves are getting so brazen because the lack of discipline and recourse, as the cop told us, catch, release and repeat.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:48 PM

Then the judge will slap the person hand, tell him not to do it again and be set free. No wonder we have such low crime rates, we report it and then forget about it, and so do the police! but, they are just doing what they are told to do. So who is at fault?????????
Old 07-30-2018, 02:32 PM

From the language in the Edm Journal article, I'm betting the owner of that dealership is a member here
Old 07-30-2018, 02:53 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
From the language in the Edm Journal article, I'm betting the owner of that dealership is a member here
They are lucky they didn’t get put in a cell with Rig Ready Pam !
Old 07-30-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I was reading up on the police pursuit in Calgary two days ago that terminated by The Ranchman's on Macleod Trail. The tactical team "initiated intentional vehicle contact" to get the perps to stop due to how badly they were driving in their futile attempt to escape (sidewalks, against traffic on roadways, etc) and one officer wound up discharging their firearm but didn't wound or kill either 'suspect'..........
And the cop that fired his gun is on 30 days "administrative leave".

So how is it that cops who deal with scum and lowlife in the proper manner are suddenly the 'bad guys'........?

All I can say is I'm sorry he missed and wasted those bullets.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
And the cop that fired his gun is on 30 days "administrative leave".

So how is it that cops who deal with scum and lowlife in the proper manner are suddenly the 'bad guys'........?

All I can say is I'm sorry he missed and wasted those bullets.
The 30 day administrative leave is standard operating procedure, not punishment. Frankly I think it's good for the officers, a month of paid leave without affecting their annual holiday weeks! Perhaps they should throw in some gift cards for steaks or some West Jet coupons . Perhaps it was a shot to 'get their attention", those junkies can be difficult to communicate with in a way that they truly understand.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:51 PM

I don't believe picking weeds and garbage is out of the ditches is a just penality either. Bring back the cane. Give them something nasty to remember.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:58 PM

Any body remember the movie, Cool Hand Luke ?

Now those were work gangs.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
One wonders if the degenerate is being kept in custody this time of if the judge has some 'splainin to do by spinning up the revolving door for this criminal yet again.....l]
That's one of the biggest problems in the entire system. Judges don't have to do any 'splainin to anyone. They are not held accountable for anything, it is blatantaly apparent they feel no responsibility to use the laws they are supposed to uphold for the protection of society. It seems they are hell bent on using the law to subvert justice and the protection of society to keep the legal industry which is who the really represent and the crooked system they learned their trade from rolling in gobs of taxpayer funded money. Judges are a far worse menace to society than the common criminals they enable.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
That's one of the biggest problems in the entire system. Judges don't have to do any 'splainin to anyone. They are not held accountable for anything, it is blatantaly apparent they feel no responsibility to use the laws they are supposed to uphold for the protection of society. It seems they are hell bent on using the law to subvert justice and the protection of society to keep the legal industry which is who the really represent and the crooked system they learned their trade from rolling in gobs of taxpayer funded money. Judges are a far worse menace to society than the common criminals they enable.
If you locked all the criminals up, there wouldn’t be a need for all these judges and lawyers on the public’s dime. There will always be an element of self preservation on the judges part. The only way to change things is to have publicly elected judges with term limits.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
back in the day , the honorable ralp klein floated the idea of elected judges , like they have in the usa . making them accountable for their actions . that idea was quickly buried . it would be nice to know who these judges are actually answer to . it may make it easier to understand how they are so far out of touch with reality .