Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Cool Boat Etiquette

Why is it some people have no clue as to how to approach and leave another boat?

When we we out this weekend, some jerk in a seadoo boat came racing up to ours to ask if we had seen another boat. This idiot came up so fast he barely missed us and then, when he left, he took off at mach factor 10 and went right over our fishing lines. I hope he had a B**ch of a time getting the hook and 350 yds of super braid out of his prop!!!
At least he didn't break the rod, but sheesh, where were his brains???

Guy is lucky I was there or hubby would have given him 2 flat tires on his boat trailer!!

Last edited by I-Love-Eyes; 06-01-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 AM

Ive had that happen many times tooI now carry frozen bottles of water to thow at these dimwits and am thinking of a highpowered squrt gun for close rangeWe can fish tournys with 150 boats and never get close and then you get these other guys who see you catching fish and got be within spitting distance ( HEY?)Usually these are the guys with 45' units who cant drive over 30 mph and couldt back up into an open field.(HAHA)
Tournament season is just about here!!!!!!!!!! YEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 AM

You are soooooo right Yes tourney is this weekend coming up...I'm so pumped Got the trailer packed, got the reels respooled, got the bait and the boat is r-e-a-d-y!!
Hopefully the weather is decent, but I can fish in the rain too so don't much care one way or the other. I can't wait to get walter on my hook and in this case, I hope hubby can keep up LOL

Thinking maybe a potatoe cannon mounted on the boat will deter some of the idiots???? Not bloody likely...they have their brains on their bottom end!!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Eyes View Post
You are soooooo right Yes tourney is this weekend coming up...I'm so pumped Got the trailer packed, got the reels respooled, got the bait and the boat is r-e-a-d-y!!
Hopefully the weather is decent, but I can fish in the rain too so don't much care one way or the other. I can't wait to get walter on my hook and in this case, I hope hubby can keep up LOL

Thinking maybe a potatoe cannon mounted on the boat will deter some of the idiots???? Not bloody likely...they have their brains on their bottom end!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!, we are not doing Moose this year, was some political stuff didnt likebut are doing the rest of NAWT plus anglers, Golden and Vanity Cup.LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck, nice to meat another mixed team
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
I now carry frozen bottles of water to thow at these dimwits
There yah go,, lets start throwing hard frozen projectiles at each other out there.. Oh well a couple more containers floating around and laying on the shore won't hurt I geuss Yah she's a real freindly world ain't she ?? fighting idoicy with lunacie.. What a world !!!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
There yah go,, lets start throwing hard frozen projectiles at each other out there.. Oh well a couple more containers floating around and laying on the shore won't hurt I geuss Yah she's a real freindly world ain't she ?? fighting idoicy with lunacie.. What a world !!!
If you have seen over the years , what weve seen you might get a little peeved at dimmwitts tooSeen American Anglers purposly cut across lines, try to hook your lines and even cast at your boat if they think your too closeWe just want to be left alone to have fun, practice c/r,and enjoy the sport and competition.There are so many great people out there , too bad there are a few dummys mixed in to try to ruin things.As far as protecting myself from boneheads cutting across my line, bumping into my boat and trying to swamp us, BEWARE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 PM

I don't suppose bsnyder actually throws the frozen water bottles. Saying that is just a way of venting. Same as me mounting a potatoe cannon..wouldn't actually do it, but I can get the satisfaction of thinking about the reaction if I did. LOL

Don't take peoples comments quite so literal...sometimes you need to read "between the lines".

Last edited by I-Love-Eyes; 06-01-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnyder View Post
If you have seen over the years , what weve seen you might get a little peeved at dimmwitts tooSeen American Anglers purposly cut across lines, try to hook your lines and even cast at your boat if they think your too closeWe just want to be left alone to have fun, practice c/r,and enjoy the sport and competition.There are so many great people out there , too bad there are a few dummys mixed in to try to ruin things.As far as protecting myself from boneheads cutting across my line, bumping into my boat and trying to swamp us, BEWARE!!!!!!!!
Well I spend many hours a year out on the water for many a year now and I haven't seen it that bad but if you say so O.K. Must be some tough waters you go on..

Quote:
I don't suppose bsnyder actually throws the frozen water bottles. Saying that is just a way of venting. Same as me mounting a potatoe cannon..wouldn't actually do it, but I can get the satisfaction of thinking about the reaction if I did. LOL

Don't take peoples comments quite so literal...sometimes you need to read "between the lines".
Sorry,, but the man did say That He now carries frozen water bottles with him,, he didn't say he would like to he said that he now does,, just repeating what he wrote.. Don't shoot the messenger !!

But carry on there happy people don't mind me,, sounds like you are really enjoying the sport...
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Eyes View Post

Thanks, look for the green lund at the tournees (Big River Fishing Team)My wife and I will buy the coffee
Old 06-01-2009, 02:11 PM

Walleyes: You are one lucky person if you haven't come across any idiots on the water.
I have seen some incredibly stupid people out there. Have you never been bothered by something you think is very dangerous or ignorant?

bsnyder: We will look for you and buy the second round!!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:43 PM

In all my years fishing on Alberta lakes, I've only encountered 1 idiot boat driver and it was a tourny fisherman and fisher woman. I was anchored off a weed bed casting when they ripped by me at way too close a distance and almost swamped me. I followed them in and voiced my complaint to the driver and all's I got was a stupid smirk and a so what from him. That incident soured me on tourny fishers for years.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNorther View Post
In all my years fishing on Alberta lakes, I've only encountered 1 idiot boat driver and it was a tourny fisherman and fisher woman. I was anchored off a weed bed casting when they ripped by me at way too close a distance and almost swamped me. I followed them in and voiced my complaint to the driver and all's I got was a stupid smirk and a so what from him. That incident soured me on tourny fishers for years.
Same as anything....had the same thing happen at Slave in aTourney.....few bad apples....met a lot of great people at the various tournaments....but...as well just pleasure fishing...we catch a few...and in about 15 mins. it's "excuse me ...can I move now please????...my daughter wondered why they were so weird????...she was 8!!!! Just a few apples.........
Old 06-01-2009, 03:05 PM

I guess it doesn't matter where you are or how you do it--whether it's fishing for fun, fishing in a tournament or just out for a pleasurable lake ride with friends or family.

As in all walks of life, there are people who will be inconsiderate of others, whether they are driving a boat, car, motorcycle, quad, bicycle, unicycle, horse, moped, etc or walking.

We live with it everyday. Ever give another driver the finger or swear at them cause they T'd you off? If you have NEVER been upset in SOME way by someone else's stupid actions...then I want to know what kind of drugs you take 'cause I want some!!

I have probably done something that someone else didn't like either, but I would not knowingly do something to someone for "kicks" and I try to respect other people's "space"!

Last edited by I-Love-Eyes; 06-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.