Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2020, 08:52 AM

Default Freeland is now finance minister

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/fr...125610513.html
And the deficits continued....
Old 08-18-2020, 08:54 AM

Hopefully she remembers where she came from.

Gerry Burnie
Old 08-18-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Hopefully she remembers where she came from.
A former journalist and not a first rate one at that, now in charge of our finance.

Grizz
Old 08-18-2020, 09:07 AM
Banned

One down, one to go.

I hope you all realize this is just to help appease Quebec.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:30 AM

Because it’s 2020!!
Old 08-18-2020, 09:34 AM

Well she’s in charge of everything else so why not something else too
Old 08-18-2020, 10:11 AM

Hope she got that position because she has the smarts for it and not that she was the next high profile cabinet minister he could pick to save face.....oh wait, this is Turdo were talking about.

They both cross their legs when they sit so why would he not pick her, feminists stick together
Old 08-18-2020, 10:15 AM

And they are going to shut down parliament, in the middle of a pandemic till Oct. A move the condemned Harper for doing. Interesting times.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:30 AM

Writing about the budget is not the same as actually knowing how they work, wonder if she thinks the balance themselves too. She is completely unqualified for the job, just like the current Health Minister. This looks a lot like the Alberta NDP cabinet where none of the Ministers had any experience in their portfolios because they were all students, teachers or social workers. The Opposition needs the get their poop in a group and process a non-confidence vote. We don't have a functioning government, we are operating like a dictatorship.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
And they are going to shut down parliament, in the middle of a pandemic till Oct. A move the condemned Harper for doing. Interesting times.
I was just thinking the same thing..... it's an affront to democracy when Harper prorogued parliament, but it's A-OK if Trudeau, Cretien, etc. do the same thing. Libs must be bracing for more **** to hit the fan.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:36 AM
Banned

It's funny how they just swap spots in government and know all about the new position...
Old 08-18-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post
It's funny how they just swap spots in government and know all about the new position...
Being competent at one's job doesn't apply to politicians, at least it's not a prerequisite lol.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:19 AM

What a joke, out of all the people in the Liberal party none of them have a finance or business background?
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-18-2020, 11:37 AM
Banned

I wish everyone who voted for these rejects picked up the bill for it all.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post
I wish everyone who voted for these rejects picked up the bill for it all.
They will, it's mostly the young that voted for twink.

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-18-2020, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
They will, it's mostly the young that voted for twink.
I will too, and sure as hell didn't vote for them. Makes a guy puke
Old 08-18-2020, 01:00 PM

This Liberal government or whatever you call it is so over it's head trying to run this country it boggles the mind. Just when it was hard to believe it could get worse it does.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:23 PM

Let's hope Derek Sloan wins the CPC leadership race. Only chance at beating Trudeau. O'Toole won't win with younger voters, Mackay is part of the Elite and Lewis is unelectable based on her resume.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-18-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Let's hope Derek Sloan wins the CPC leadership race. Only chance at beating Trudeau. O'Toole won't win with younger voters, Mackay is part of the Elite and Lewis is unelectable based on her resume.
If anyone should have been unelectable on their resume Trudeau should have led the line, followed closely by Freedland. I am not at all convinced qualifications have anything to do with it. It is strictly a popularity and charisma race. The prettiest one who tells the best lies wins.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If anyone should have been unelectable on their resume Trudeau should have led the line, followed closely by Freedland. I am not at all convinced qualifications have anything to do with it. It is strictly a popularity and charisma race. The prettiest one who tells the best lies wins.
And she has been taught well by the best liar of all. Just keep repeating the lie until they submit!

BW
Old 08-18-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
If Sloan wins the CP leadership, you may as well Prepare for another 4 years of JT because he won’t win east of Saskatchewan.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I think it's gotta be Lewis:

-JT can't beat her on the sexism issue;
-JT can't beat her on the minority issue; and,
-JT can't beat her on the abortion issue.

All he'll be able to drone on about, the evil social conservatives, is the gay issue.

Heck, with her being black and a woman, he'll probably submit, white privilege and all that.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:55 PM

I think that Lewis will be the next leader of the CPC. I really wanted Sloan but he has zero chances to win over in eastern Canada....
Old 08-18-2020, 04:08 PM

Well the little lady from a Alberta grain farm took on Trump with the NAFTA. He was totally ****ed off as she totally stood her ground and would not allow the little Dictator push her around. It would be nice if the Liberal had a half dozen ministers of her capability.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Well the little lady from a Alberta grain farm took on Trump with the NAFTA. He was totally ****ed off as she totally stood her ground and would not allow the little Dictator push her around. It would be nice if the Liberal had a half dozen ministers of her capability.
Lolwut? Canada is the one that gets screwed by the new NAFTA. Put down your ndp placard and step away from the computer.

It's actually embarrassing that she is from AB.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:19 PM

I’m no fan of the Liberals, but I’ll give credit where credit is due. Freeland has a degree from Harvard, a Masters from Oxford, is a Rhodes Scholar, published a book on the Super Rich, and was the managing editor of the Financial Times. I think she is as qualified as any Liberal MP for that portfolio.

According to one insider on Parliament Hill, her and Morneau are the only two in the inner circle that have attempted to curtail Jr’s spending.

Gerry Burnie
Old 08-18-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I’mk no fan of the Liberals, but I’ll give credit where credit is due. Freeland has a degree from Harvard, a Masters from Oxford, is a Rhodes Scholar, published a book on the Super Rich, and was the managing editor of the Financial Times. I think she is as qualified as any Liberal MP for that portfolio.

According to one insider on Parliament Hill, her and Morneau are the only two in the inner circle that have attempted to curtail Jr’s spending.
A Bachelor of Arts from Harvard is no more rigporous than the same degree at U of A, just more expensive. Her Masters is in the same field of study. Not exactly a Masters in Finance and Economics. Let's not get carried away trying to call that qualification for the complex role she is taking on. She also has no work history of any kind in the field. Writing articles or editing them is not the same as having done it. It is the same difference you see when university professors from the MBA programs try to go into business for themselves. They rarely succeed.

Last edited by Dean2; 08-18-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I think it's gotta be Lewis:

-JT can't beat her on the sexism issue;
-JT can't beat her on the minority issue; and,
-JT can't beat her on the abortion issue.

All he'll be able to drone on about, the evil social conservatives, is the gay issue.

Heck, with her being black and a woman, he'll probably submit, white privilege and all that.
This is Liberal thinking, how about we stop caring about peoples skin color, and start caring about our freedoms being lost.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
If Sloan wins the CP leadership, you may as well Prepare for another 4 years of JT because he won’t win east of Saskatchewan.
He's from Ontario, I know people in Eastern Canada who want him as leader. I wouldn't underestimate him. I can tell you one thing, if the CPC elects Lewis they might as well fold. She's completely unelectable due to her stance on several social issues. No young person will vote for her IMO.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I’m no fan of the Liberals, but I’ll give credit where credit is due. Freeland has a degree from Harvard, a Masters from Oxford, is a Rhodes Scholar, published a book on the Super Rich, and was the managing editor of the Financial Times. I think she is as qualified as any Liberal MP for that portfolio.

They need a business person in the role. She's always worked for someone else, and will continue to run the country into the ground.