Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Default Elk in 305

Just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who owns a ranch west of Claresholm. He told me that his father noticed all the " NO TRESSPASSING" signs he had put up are missing and that some A-HOLE has shot 3 calf elk and 2 cow elk and has left them. He is on the line with Report A Poacher right now but good luck catching the @######## . This crap goes on alot and I just wish they could be caught and I personally would like to castrate them with a dull knife!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM

I cant even fathom what kind of people do things like this. Hope they catch whomever did it though.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Default figures some retards had to go and do that

That is really too bad, I always keep a look out for something suspitous, and keep notes location, vehicle, stuff like that. Havnt seen to much yet but one day being aware will pay off and these jack@$$es will get what they deserve. people, sure you are hunting animals, but be aware of the vehicles and what people are doing, if you see them with a downed animal, it pays to visit with them. youll hear a good story about a hunt, maybe get some info about the area, or notice something more fishy such as no tags and all that you never know, pay attention. To guys and gals that follow the rules, take out some new hunters and teach them the right way, dont let them become the people we all hate.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 AM

this is typical when there is a bull or two and a bunch of guys let a ton of lead fly to get the bulls and don't care what they hit. Another landowner in 304 told us of a similar story with a few bulls, guys in trucks herding them etc. Seems guys lose their ethics and sense sometimes when there's a bull.