Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2023, 05:34 PM

Default breaking news Russia coup

The wagner group wants the whole enchilata, reports of attacking Russia bases Putin might need a diaper real fast or is it just more propeganda.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:50 PM

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the latter, but something is happening.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:35 PM

Default US

State department is talking about it, and with the allies so something is going on for sure
Old 06-23-2023, 06:59 PM

It’s a most likely a trap to draw the Ukrainians in to a certain area, within range of some particular long range cruise missile or air strike.

Russians play the long game
Old 06-23-2023, 07:34 PM

My guess is Prigozhin is going out of business.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:59 PM

Apparently Wagner Group boss Prigozhin is tired of the incompetence shown by the Russian military. On Friday he claimed a Russian rocket attack on their field camps in Ukraine killed several thousand Wagner troops.
Now they want revenge.
Guardian and Al Jazeera have some information on the story:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ust-be-stopped

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...geny-prigozhin

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...o-wagner-group

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-23-2023, 10:23 PM

Trouble in Paradise.

It's hard for me to feel sympathy for either of the antagonists here.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
It’s a most likely a trap to draw the Ukrainians in to a certain area, within range of some particular long range cruise missile or air strike.

Russians play the long game
This. Very likely a psyop.

Wagner/Prigozhin did the same act by claiming there was a shell shortage in Bakhmut (there wasn't) and publicly trashed the Russian Ministry of Defense -- the Ukrainians kept pouring more forces in. It worked. A full 30% of Ukraine's army was tied up in Bakhmut and were basically annihilated by superior Russian firepower.

Get on Telegram. Nothing going on in Rostov, St. Petersburg, etc.

The Ukrainian "counter-offensive" has been a complete debacle. Hundreds of Bradley fighting vehicles, Leopard tanks, and other armoured vehicles destroyed within two weeks. It is turning into a lop-sided beat-down and the Russians want to bait the Ukrainians into a hasty move or convince them not to regroup. In fact, I've seen statements regarding a general mobilization of all military-aged men in the Kiev and Chernigov regions. Could be BS, but the Russians clearly have a strong upper hand in the conflict.

Notice that today Zelensky claimed that the Russians were going to commit a terrorist act against the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant -- a plant they control in a territory they've annexed and now consider their own.

This may be a pretext for Western intervention -- stage an attack on the ZNPP, blame the Russians, put NATO (i.e., American) forces in western Ukraine.

Desperate times for the Ukies.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
My guess is Prigozhin is going out of business.
Look him up. Prigozhin is basically Putin's errand boy.
Old 06-24-2023, 01:43 AM

^ Trust me, I know who he is.

It appears Putin called it a coup and promised to punish everyone. Wait, everyone?

Haha.
Old 06-24-2023, 06:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
^ Trust me, I know who he is.

It appears Putin called it a coup and promised to punish everyone. Wait, everyone?

Haha.
Madman....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-24-2023, 06:57 AM

Remember in gulf war 2 Saddam's man on TV going on about how great Saddam's force's are and how screwed the Americans where. He kept mouthing off while Americans were rolling into Baghdad pulling down Saddam's statues, etc.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:06 AM

We are watching history.

I hope they drag Putin’s body through the streets after choking him like a coyote in a snare.

War Criminal.

The blood of Ukrainian civilians on his hands cries out.

Live by the sword.

Die by the sword.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:06 AM

Prigozhin was a buddy of Putin (known as Putin's Cook) and helped get him into power. He started the propaganda units that went after the US election with disinformation. He took over and enlarged the Wagner terrorist group that is huge, not only in Russia, but Africa where they made a fortune ripping off the Country.

They have a 30-mile-long convoy that is advancing on Moscow, gobbling up cities, more troops, and seizing military bases and equipment. Reports say 3 Russian helicopters have been downed by the army.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 06-24-2023, 08:21 AM

It is so incredibly hard to follow with this situation because like always, it’s near impossible to know what information is and isn’t correct.
Old 06-24-2023, 08:29 AM

If a large rebellion is truely happening it’s going to take a of soldiers away from the front lines. Either to attack the rebellion or to join it. Hopefully Ukraine can take advantage of this and make some large gains.

It’s a long shot on Putin being over thrown but is scary ti think of a all those nukes that county has and some one even more unstable than Putin controlling them.
Old 06-24-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
It’s a long shot on Putin being over thrown but is scary ti think of a all those nukes that county has and some one even more unstable than Putin controlling them.
Well, that's the thing. We joke about how he quells dissidents (they have accidents or disappear), but there is a modicum of control there.

Imagine a situation where he is removed, and all of those nukes are in the wind...
Old 06-24-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
We are watching history.

I hope they drag Putin’s body through the streets after choking him like a coyote in a snare.

War Criminal.

Live by the sword.

Die by the sword.
Who knows, he could end up as Kadhafi...
Old 06-24-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
We are watching history.

War Criminal.

Live by the sword.

Die by the sword.
Be careful what you wish for. Putin is one moderate Russian statesmen. The replacements will push the Button.
Old 06-24-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colvert View Post
Who knows, he could end up as Kadhafi...
Or Biden… Old, out of his mind bubbling idiot who is still ruling a huge empire..
Old 06-24-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Be careful what you wish for. Putin is one moderate Russian statesmen. The replacements will push the Button.
Nah, they won't. Russia went through the turbulence of Yeltsin, the Afghan war, and nobody stole nukes and tried to launch them.

The kind of people that want to take over, also want to enjoy the fruits of their labour. They don't want to be turned into vapor.
Old 06-24-2023, 10:24 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Or Biden… Old, out of his mind bubbling idiot who is still ruling a huge empire..
Biden ain't ruling anything... He is being handled by the puppeteers.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 06-24-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Biden ain't ruling anything... He is being handled by the puppeteers.
Well, you got my drift…
Old 06-24-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
Nah, they won't. Russia went through the turbulence of Yeltsin, the Afghan war, and nobody stole nukes and tried to launch them.

The kind of people that want to take over, also want to enjoy the fruits of their labour. They don't want to be turned into vapor.
I absolutely agree with that! But at the same time- don’t forget the 1917 when a relatively small group of Bolshevik’s took power
Old 06-24-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Biden is just a puppet.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:22 AM

Last I saw, Lukashenko had left Belarus with his family to Turkey, nobody knew why yet, so that is/was one mystery. Something going to happen in Belarus?

Then Prigozhin was talking to the Russian Deputy Min of Defense, sitting on the steps of the Russian HQ in Rostov, had taken over the HQ, sent troops north to Voronezh, shot down 3 choppers, two very expensive ones somewhat equivalent to a Longbow, and a communications plane up near Voronezh. And was taking over airfields around Rostov. Then a chopper hit an oil storage facility in Voronezh, were possibly engaging Russian army troops at an area NW of Voronezh. He was supposed to have a couple of divisions of RU troops coming out of Ukraine to meet up with Wagner troops to head to Moscow. Had naybe taken over a major airfield near Rostov, also one somewhere in an area west of Rostov, and Ukraine. Appeared possible there may be quite a few Russian commanders agreeing with him, they were letting him go thru, wouldn't fight his troops.
Originally Progozhin was saying it definitely was not a coup, just wanted Shoigu and Gerasimov out. Then Vlad said he was committing treason and would wipe him out. I left off about there.

So, could possibly get to Moscow, if other troops do actually join up, and that may well be a fight, roads and bridges are all blocked from Voronezh to Moscow, traffic is all shut down, civil aviation wasn't though, Progozhin has air defense systems with him.

Certainly do not want Prigozhin to win, that would be bad news. May see an officer purge in RU military after this, may even, in best case scenario, see Putin use it as an excuse to pull troops out of Ukraine. They say Putin does not have the actual army troops in place in any area between Voronezh and Moscow to stop him, only police units.

Hurry up and wait, and see if Ukes are in a position to take advantage of it or not.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:28 AM

is the best medicine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Russian revolution.jpg (25.4 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Ukraine humour.jpg (20.4 KB, 129 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-24-2023, 11:36 AM

He’s pretty vocal about how the Ukraine war should have never happened.

That should free up the Ukraine to push the Russians out as the Russians have
some other sh*t to think about now.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:48 AM

I highly doubt we are seeing actual fact one way or the other. It is a war of propaganda as much as on the ground. One thing for sure; mainstream media can't be trusted.
Old 06-24-2023, 12:36 PM

Well now looks like the Wagner rebels have been stopped and now turning around. Putin must have offered him something, probably a slow death the Russians are famous for administering to Anyone in opposition in the end.