Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Default Pigeon Lake last Saturday...walleye, black bear....

Well fishing was decent on Saturday at Pigeon Lake, we were the first to launch a boat that morning (was early) and was quite surprised to see no traffic on the May long weekend. Even by noonish, there was very few boats there, very non typical of Pigeon Lake. Nonetheless, fishing was decent, caught a few trolling bottom bouncers and blades, then switched to jigging and put my friend's little guy on some wally and pike and man the smile on the young lad's face was the highlight of the day. He was a champ and caught and landed 6 fish all by himself!! Also seen a quite large black bear on the shoreline that was uncomfortably close to some camp spots and we seen some people hiking and walking towards it at a rapid pace, hats off to the other boat that anchored up and drove close to the shoreline to warn them of the bear...they beat us to the punch of warning those people, thanks again to your haste. So all in all it was a great day on the open water, all fish looked very healthy and never used any of my Class A tags yet, gonna wait
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Glad to hear you got out there Matt, where did you guys launch at?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
Glad to hear you got out there Matt, where did you guys launch at?
Provincial Point....I had to double check the regs to make sure the lake was open cause we were the only ones there with a boat at the time, very unusual for that lake
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Yeah that is weird, although I have been out there before and had the drop off all to myself, just too bad the waves were like 3-4' and my fish finder battery crapped out on me right after I launched...